Bonus Chapter Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

As if God had heard my pleas, the orchestra begins to play and Clover, dressed in a soft peach dress begins walking down the aisle to the wedding march. She tossed white rose petals at either side of her as she walks down the aisle with a gleeful smile as she does.

Following behind her was Graham. His tie was the same peach color as Clover's dress, but at the request of Laine, it had small graham crackers in the fabric. I couldn't help but smile as he runs down the aisle under the pressured stare of strangers. He falls into Chris who stood beside me as my best man. Behind him, I could hear Brent snickering. I look to the men behind me and smile before Thea begins to make her way down the aisle.

She looked as ravishing as always in a long flowing gown. She smiled happily as she walked won't the aisle with Mahalia following behind.

The music pauses for a moment and I can tell the unknowing guests become worried. But, at my request and without Laine's knowledge, the music shifts to "If I Could Fly" by One Direction.

I take a deep breath as Laine, looking to be the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, begins to walk down the aisle with her arm wrapped around her grandmother's.

Our eyes meet immediately. I shift on my feet, now aware of what was about to happen. But seeing her in her gown, the beautiful smile on her face, and the stray tear rolling down her cheek as she approaches, I feel so at ease and absolutely in love with the woman who was about to become my wife.

I am forced to wipe away tears of my own as she approaches me. Evaleen pulls her arms away from Lainey and presses her lips to her cheek. Before she takes a seat, Evaleen takes my hand in hers.

I squeeze her hand in mine before turning to look at Lainey.

I take her hands in mine and caress my thumb along her knuckles.

"We're really doing this," I chuckle in a whisper for just her to hear.

Lainey laughs lightly, "Don't get cold feet on me now, Austin."

It takes all of me to not pull her body to mine. Instead, I turn to Eric who had gotten ordained at our request. I nod to him, and he smiles between the two of us.

"Please be seated."

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of Miss. Laine Bennett and Austin Wood. It is with great pride I get to stand up here today and bear witness to the two most deserving individuals I have ever had the privilege of watching grow together. Austin has asked me to keep this part short," the guests all laugh at this, "It is my understanding the two of you have written your own vows."

I nod my head and turn my attention to Laine.

"Laine," I smile, "Two years ago today you changed my life," I'm forced to take a deep breath to keep myself from crying in front of all our guests, "From the day I first saw you I knew that there was going to be trouble," we both laugh at this, "I tried to deny it. I didn't want to believe it myself. But when we met you were all that I thought of. You drove me crazy from the start."

It had felt like everyone else had faded from existence and it was just Laine and I as I continue to pour my heart out to her.

"You are an amazing woman. I never knew what I had until I risked losing you. I will spend the rest of my life trying to prove to you how much you mean to me. My love for you is eternal. I love you with every fiber in my body and I will continue to show you that love and to cherish every second I have with you. I love you Lainey, and I am so excited to call you my wife."

Lainey looks at me with tears in her eyes. She takes a shaken deep breath.

"Austin," she begins, "When I met you, I had no idea how much of an impact you would have in my life. I thought I would be able to push my feelings aside. But, everything drew me back to you. I wanted to run, I wanted to save myself the inevitable heartbreak, but here we are," she smiles up at me as tears start to stream down her cheeks, "Loving you has been the best adventure. Loving you has given me everything I could ever want."