❔Lee Felix - A Siren's Sandcastle (2)

"Where all the brokenhearted souls
Come to find somebody to hold,"

He paused, overlooking the waves from his position on top of the jutting rocks. "That's what people search for when they visit the beach."

"I guess I'm no exception huh?"

It was a clear night, one where the sky bespeckled with stars shared its beauty with the ocean below. The draught was warm, carrying the characteristic scent of nautical nostalgia into your lungs.

"I guess not." He let out a light scoff, halting. "(Y/N), how long do you plan to stay here?"

The moon lay in fragmented layers across the water's surface, accompanied by her many shimmering companions. And yet the only stars you could see danced across his cheeks as if painted by the skilled hands of Poseidon.

"I... I didn't put much thought into it," you murmured, fidgeting with the hem of your t-shirt.

All was quiet, save for the wind and the breaths between you and him mingling in the closing distance.

"Then," he rested a warm hand on your shoulder, brushing away loose strands of hair. "Do you mind staying here for a little while... with me?" The presence of his fingers tickled your neck, trailing up to cup your cheek. With a flutter of his long eyelashes, he let out a single, delicate breath as if to say please.

"I don't see why not." You closed the gap with a gentle pull on the back of his neck. It felt like crashing into waves and letting it wheel you away into its depths. From his kiss blossomed vivid images of an effervescent life by the sea, tugging and tangling with every turn of the tide. The cold from his lips was the kind that welcomed warmth, not reject it.

A stark contrast you didn't know you needed until you lived in it.

That night, only the sea and the stars bore witness to this scene. The first of many passionate nights to come. Some played out during the day when the sun watched as you entangled your fingers in his sandy hair.

Other days you would spend squatting on your hands and beside him on a neverending quest to build rows and rows of sandcastles. It was fun trying to outbuild the height of each of your creations only to find them collapsing at the hands of the waves soon after.

His amnesia, you found, didn't make him any less enthralling of a person. Maybe it was the idea of building a present with someone who had no past. If only you could erase yours.

Perhaps he didn't want that, why he spent the last few days and nights away from you. At first you thought he wanted space, but then he stopped showing up all-together by your porch. No more messages scrawled into the sand outside.

You had searched every crevice of the place, up every palm tree and sunbaked stone. He wasn't even at his usual spot by the rocks. Every once in a while you'd mistake the blur by the shore for his silhouette, but if it weren't another person, it would be just a figment of your imagination, or a cruel trick from the sea. The waves would mock you at every arrival.

He couldn't have left when he was the one who asked you to stay, could he?

That was the thought that ran tracks in your mind every night as you tossed around in bed, sleepless because he was absent everywhere else.

It was especially cold when you burst through the door. The wind whipped fiercely at your nightdress as you bound to the shore, tripping over the edges every other step.

"Felix!" You yelled into the ocean, hands cupped beside your mouth. Again, you screamed, "Felix? Felix!" over and over until the weight of your knees gave way into the sand and you were left breathless.