Farah stared at Vania's stoic face for a minute not knowing what was going on in her head. She cleared her throat and asked, "Sab khairiyat hai na?"

Vania was quick to respond, "Han, han. Sab theek hai. Don't worry about me. Tum jaou, main bss nikal hi rahi hun..." She gave a small smile waving her concern away.

Farah pursed her lips then shrugged, "Chalo! theek hai phir, main nikalti hun. Allah Hafiz."

Vania nodded with a cordial smile and got up to clear her desk as well.

Farah left leaving the door ajar and Waqas sighed in relief.

'Finally!'

It felt to him like ages had passed since he had been waiting to talk to Vania.

His heart thumped against his chest as he got up, feeling heavy with the weight of his emotions. Then took in a deep breath gathering his courage.

'Aaj nhi bola toh kabhi nhi bol paoun gaa.'

"Vania?" He dared to call her.

She clenched her jaw and froze mid movement, the charger halfway inside the bag, wire hanging out.

Shit! Waqas please don't!

"Main aap se bohat zaroori baat karna chahta hun.." he began.

She swallowed hard and shoving her charger in, zipping her bag loudly. Vania pulled the strap up her shoulder and stepped around her desk, "Hum kal baat kar len ge—"

He couldn't let her go. Hastily, Waqas stepped in front of her and grabbed her hand to stop her.

Vania stood petrified.

***

Harris sighed getting out the elevator and power walked back to their room to check if Vania was still working.

He went to put his stuff in the car but didn't leave because he wanted to give Vania a ride home and meanwhile, also get his answers. It was the end of the day and the end of his patience.
The moment he waited was here, finally.

Just as he was about to push open the door his gaze caught the scene in front of him through the ajar space. And what he saw crushed him.

His fists clenched tight, eyes blurred and his heart burned.

He got played.. once again.

Sucking in a raspy breath, Harris turned as if thunder struck and rushed to the stairs not even waiting for the elevator to go down.

***

Getting her senses back, Vania yanked her hand out of Waqas's grip, her voice trembling, "Yeh aap kyaa kar raheyn hain!"

Waqas instantly raised his hands in surrender and took two steps back,"I don't mean to scare you.. I.. I am sorry! So sorry!"  He spoke quickly, his heart quivering and voice shaking slightly.

Vania breathed in deeply and Waqas too sighed,

"Please meri baat sun len.... Warna... Main puri raat soo nhi sakun ga. Aap nhi jantin, Vania ji...... Mera... Main bohat mushkil main hun. Or sirf aap meri madad kar sktin hain... Mujhe aap ke sirf 5 min chahiyen."

Vania exhaled an open mouthed breath, fisting her hands and looking to the side. Then she licked her lips and nodded.

"Kaheyn... Kya baat karna chahtey hain aap?"

"Vania ji..." He looked down at his feet, rich brown skin heating up, little beads of sweat coated his neck slipping down into his collar. Waqas pulled at his tie loosening it, feeling choked. "Main— main kehna yeh chahta tha keh...*Ahem* main aap ko bohat pasand karta hun."