CHAPTER 7: Take Me With You

Start from the beginning

He points his sword at the enemy's neck.

"Any last words?"

Kirito moves his arms and swing his sword expecting to gush out blood from the enemy but his sword collided with nothing.

Eyes widen at the sight. The enemy's comrade came in and out in a flash and flee at the scene.

"Damn!"

Kirito starts to run after them but stops midway when he remember unconscious Asuna on the ground.

He lowers down and picks up Asuna in his arms.

"Let's go back." He said quietly.

KIRITO'S POV
What will I do from this day forward? What will I do when Asuna wakes up?

She might shut me out, the pain and sorrow she feels are the same as mine. How will I comfort her?

I shake my head.

No time for this right now. I must hurry back and report all this to the elders.

After some minutes, we arrived at our village. I head in our base.

I called out in front of the door. "Elders! Please open up."

The door immediately opens and let us in.

"Please help me lay down Asuna."

The elders nodded without any questions as I put Asuna in one of the guest rooms. Then I close the door and leave.

The elders face me as soon as I come out of the room with a worried expressions on their faces. They asked me what happen.

"Tell us what happened, Kirito."

I nod and tell them what really happened.

"If they fled, there's a chance they might come back. We should be ready for that."

"I know." I said quietly, exhausted from what has happened.

"Before we strategize, you should take a rest too. We'll plan ahead and tell after you regain your energy."

I nod. I have no power left to talk. I just want to lay down and forget what happen even for an hour or so.

I take a bath and lay down on the bed. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

ASUNA'S POV
This warmth. I feel someone embraces me for a minute then lets go of me. I frown from the sudden loss of contact. The person begin to walk away from me, but somehow, the feeling of that person drawing away from me makes my heart ache.

"Wait! Don't leave!" I called out.

The person stop to walk without facing me.

"I don't know you and yet your warmth is so familiar." I stand up and begin to walk towards the person.

There's something about it that is making me drawn to it's presence.

The person starts to walk away again.

"Wait!" I reach out to touch that person.

"W-where are you going?" I asked.

The person said nothing, back still facing at me.

"Please! Talk to me!" I said, not wanting to let the person go without knowing who it is.

I touch the person's shoulder, who's now facing me. I begin to cry, seeing the person in front of me.

"Y-Y/N?"

There's a shock in her expression and tears in her eyes. She begin to sob and cry hard. I begin to cry too as she starts to walk away from me again.