Chapter 34 [2] - Against All Odds

I m p o r t a n t :

Could anyone please request this work to be placed on the Featured List if you like it? The email address is: stories@wattpad.com

You have no idea how grateful I'd be :)

***

"Tell me that everything will be OK, hold me in your arms once more..."

Chapter 34 [Part 2] - Against All Odds

Indigo~

I opened my eyes to see Adrian smiling down at me.

He barely had time to open his mouth before I was bombarded with cries of joy -- mostly from my crying mother.

"Indigo! I'm so glad you're OK!" I winced slightly as she hugged me a  bit too tightly for comfort, and smiled when my father looked down at me, a tender look in his eyes.

My brother also hugged me tightly and I inhaled his cologne, basking in his scent. "Hello, brother." I said simply.

He smiled widely before gently ruffling my hair. "Glad to see you're OK, sis." His voice cracked. I pretended not to notice.

When everyone had finished talking and congratulating me, I asked to see my child.

Immediately, Adrian beamed and sent a nurse to come in. They did so, carrying a small bundle with them.

My heart stopped as the little bundle was placed in my arms and I pressed them to me. Their skin was soft to the touch.

"Lily." I said suddenly, voice quavering with emotion. I didn't understand how I had made it against all odds, but at that point I couldn't have been more thankful.

Understanding what I meant, Cole gave a small nod. My family took this as their moment to leave, but not before my mother persisted that she would be right outside. When she shut the door behind her, the three of us were left alone.

"I'm so thankful to be here." I whispered as he sat down on the bed beside me.

He enveloped me in a tight hug and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Me too."

"How?" I whispered again, careful not to disturb the fragile peace that had enveloped us both. Now that we were a family, we both had more of a duty to work this out. I would do everything in my power to make sure it did.

He shook his head again, lips parting slightly in wonder. He looked adorable. "We were blessed." I didn't miss the strong emotion that flickered behind his eyes as he gazed at me, and resisted the urge to hug him again.

Gently, he squeezed my thigh. "I'll never let you go, Indigo-Rose."

Just that statement made me feel warm inside. "I'll never let you go either, Mr Frazer." He chuckled softly.

As we sat there in a small silence, staring at out creation, I thought of only one thing:

Everything would be OK.

Aww... :3

I've loved writing this and I'm so, so glad that so many of you have stuck through this all the way through. I'm by no means a perfect writer (I'm still very much am amateur which is evident through my works) but despite this, you guys have stuck through.

THANK YOU.

I hope to get this published soon (probably as an e-book and I want to know your opinions on this). For this reason it's important that I get as much constructive criticism as I can to make this story as good as it can be.

Please share this however you can so that it gets recognition -- it would mean a lot to me!
I hope you've enjoyed. There may be an epilogue coming soon, so stay tuned!

Xoxo