Chapter 26 - It All Changes

This chapter is sad :(  Enjoy!

'I implore you, don't leave but stay...'

*****

Chapter 26 - It All Changes

*A Few Hours Earlier*

Ashley climbed gracefully out of her sports car and barged into Adrian's home without a second's thought.

Her heels clicked impatiently against the panelled floor as she made her way over to his study where she knew he would be, and brazenly opened the door.

Adrian looked up at her in confusion as she burst in.

'What are you doing here?' He barked as he stood up from his work.

She flipped her hair back over her shoulders and pouted seductively. 'I'm here to finish what we started, hun.' She whispered huskily before taking a step towards him.

'Why didn't you call me?' She asked as she reached him and began to rub his chest with her hands.

Adrian recovered from his shock and pushed her away from him angrily. He stiffened.  'Leave me, Ashley. I have nothing more to say to you.' He clenched his jaw as he glared at her. 'We're finished.' He added.

This time she pouted unattractively. 'Is it because of that bitch?' She retorted nastily, face darkening. 'Courtney told me about her. If she's giving you trouble--'

Adrian's stance stiffened again as he took a threatening step towards her. 'Stay away from Indigo.' He growled.

Ashley grinned ferociously. 'Why should I?' She countered.  Her sneer contorted into something much darker as she clenched her fists, thoughts whirling through her mind.

'She can't possibly mean anything more to you than I do.'

Adrian glanced away guiltily, saying nothing. 'I'm sorry, Ashley,' he said. 'But we're over. We have been for months. Now leave.'

Ashley's expression instantly morphed from something vicious into one of shock. 'But we're mates!' She exclaimed. 'You can't just leave me like this!'

He ran a hand down his face before thumping the table angrily. 'Enough! Indigo and I are Destined! Now leave!' His eyes widened at his own admission before he looked away awkwardly.

Ashley froze, paling. 'You're-- you're Destined?' The words clogged her throat. 'But--' Her thoughts were all over the place.

'Ashely,' Adrian looked tired. Very tired. 'I'm sorry. I understand how you feel, but I've made my decision and there's nothing to be done. Please leave us.'

She felt herself burning with a heat and hatred so strong, that for a second she considered doing the unthinkable.

When she realised Adrian was watching her intently, she forced herself to calm down as a deathly certainty washed over her.

'OK.' Her voice sounded foreign; not her own as she turned to leave.

She was in a trance as she left her only soulmate behind -- who also happened to be devoted to the princess bitch, and shut the front door behind her.

Coming from the family she did, Ashley certainly had no fear of royalty, and as she walked back to her car she knew only one thing had to be done.

Raising her phone, she dialed Courtney's number.

***************

Indigo~

'Please.' The red-haired in front of me added.