Chapter 29

**TRIGGER WARNING//ABUSE/RAPE**

"I was 16, it was the 5th anniversary of our parents death" Stella paused "I think" she said looked confused.
Kelly just lay there looking at her, giving her that look to continue whether she was accurate or not.
"my brother and his friend was around, he'd locked me in this little room that was in the kitchen, it was dark, cold, small" she explained shuddering at the thought, as she did Kelly put her arm around her so she was face the ceiling in her arms, she felt safer so she continued.
"They were drunk, like scary drunk don't know what they're doing drunk. I didn't realise until my brothers mate opened the door holding this knife. He didn't know I was in there, I backed up in the corner as he stepped in this small space, closing the door behind him. He must of tripped over what ever was on the floor as I felt this sharp burning sensation in my chest, I soon realised he'd fallen and the knife had to have landed in me, it went straight through me. I was stuck, I couldn't move, the tip of the knife coming out of my back had dug into the wall a little, any movement. It hurt so so much" at this point Stella started to cry, Kelly pulled her closed to him so she was laying as close she she could get to his chest, she took a death breath and continued.
"He took this too his advantage, he knew I was stuck and I had no where to go. Not long after I felt him, all of him. He r-raped me" she stuttered out, she turned and buried her head into Kelly's side and let out a cry as she remembered the feeling.
Kelly faced her and held her tightly stroking her hair, after she calmed down a little she turned back so she was facing up and the ceiling and continued with "I should of kicked him of you know, I could of stopped him but he was heavy, I was loosing a lot of blood. But I just stood there nothing nothing"
K: "there's nothing you could of done, you got to know that okay?"
Stella looked at him as a tear rolled down her cheek, she nodded and continued "after you know, yeah he turned and opened the door, my brother was sat there. He'd pulled a chair up close to the door so he could listen, I mean what a prick" Stella stated getting angry, she clenched her fists "if he hadn't of die I would of killed him myself"
Kelly grabbed her hands making them realise the tight grip she held to herself, he had to bribe her hands open as she had marks on her hands where her nails had dug in from her anger.
K:"he's gone now okay, nothing can ever happen to you like that again"
S:"his mates still out there though, I'll never get his face out of my head" she said as she shut her eyes for a few seconds fighting the imagine of his smug face.
K:"if I ever get my hands on him, I'd kill him but I promise you'll always be safe with me, okay?"
Stella looked up to him and nodded.
K:"do your remember what happened after that?"
Stella shook her head but continued and said "all I remember then was the pain and next thing I knew I was at the hospital being treated, when I recovered they were going put me through to the DCFS I ran away out of the hospital. I ended up living back with my brother even if I hated him, he was all I had left until I had enough and then he ended up dead anyway"
K:"so you've always ran?"
S:"I guess running away from my problems are easier"
K:"maybe it's time to face them" he said softer than his words before.
She shrugged and turned into him, he held her close for the night as they drifted of too sleep.