Chapter 22

Sorry it took few days for me to update! I post on Insta (kiddsacels) at the same time as on here so no one knows more than I have published but i posted an edit and then Tracels birthday edit. But I decided just to post the next chap on here. Enjoy<3

Possible trigger warning (panic attack)

General POV:
This was Stella first time back in a car for a long time (other than in the ambo). The last time she was close to a car, she saw her brother upside down in a one.

Stellas POV:
We left the apartment and headed to the firehouse, I was nervous to see people as I don't socialise that often. What if I said something wrong? What if I just stutter and no words come out? What if I bolt? My thought were interrupted as we got to Kelly's car, he jumped in and sat at the drivers seat.
S:"Cant we walk?"
Kelly rolled down the passenger window "It will take to long plus it's cold out, your not fit enough to be out too long"
S:"I'm fine though, let's walk"
K:"Cars warmer get in, it's talk 15 mins off if I drive"
S:"I ca-can't, I'll walk and meet you there then" I said as I stepped further away.
I cant remember the last time I was in a car, I'm scared. I don't want to die the same way from brother did.

Kelly's POV:
When we got to my car Stela was acting strange, she didn't want to get in. I told her to get in as it's warmer and she's not fit enough to walk 20 minutes in the cold. It took me a minute to realise she's scared. She was on the streets before she lived with me and the last time she saw a car her brother died. I got out the car and walked around to Stella, I grabbed her hands.
K:"Are you scared?" I asked, it felt a bit straight forward but I didn't want beat around the bush.
S:"What? No no I'm not scared, just just"
K:"just?" There was silence for a minute until I broke by saying "your scared"
Stella sort of broke and nodded.

Stellas POV:
I let me walls down in front of Kelly, he made me vulnerable and knew me so well.
I nodded to him when he told me I was scared after I told him I wasn't.

K:"Do you trust me?"
S:"yes"
K:"Do you trust the car?"
S:"no"
K:"whos driving the car and is in control of it?"
S:"You"
K:"Exactly, I know it's scary and I know you don't have the best experiences with cars but I promise you, I will be so safe with you, now please get it the car it's cold"
I looked at Kelly and then at the car, back at Kelly then back to the car. Kelly opened the passenger door.
K:"come on, trust me"
I nodded, hesitated and got into the car, seconds after Kelly was sat next to me.
Kelly looked at me smiled, nodded and then drove off.

Kelly's POV:
After a bit of hesitation, I got Stella into the car. After a few minutes I looked at her to see her hand holding extremely tight on the door handle and was fighting for her breathe.
S:"Please you got to pull over" she managed to say though what seemed to be a panic attack
K:"Hey look at me, keep your eyes on me I'm not pulling over we aren't far, I promise your okay"
S:"I cant, I can't breathe"
K:"Yes you can, keep your eyes on me and breathe. You know how too so do it okay?"
Stella nodded, I put my hand on her shaking thigh as she slowly calmed herself and her breathing down and got used to the car.

5 minutes later they arrived at the firehouse.