Chapter 38

Some years ago

Some where outside of a school field. The season of autumn had begun as orange leaves fell from their trees as the students play around. 

Underneath one tree was a young Seraph reading his book while being ignored by the surrounding students that were playing. 

???: Hello there!

A student greeted Seraph, causing him to look up from his book.

Seraph: Oh, it's you again. What did you even want from me, Spade?

Spade: Huh? What do you mean? Can't a friend accompany another in a time like this? 

Seraph: As much as I like to socialize. I prefer that I get my studies over with so I'll be able to join the Phantom program. 

Spade: The Phantom program? Ah! You're planning on becoming a operator as well?

Seraph: I guess you can say that. Now leave me be so I can continue my studies.

Seraph requested as he looks back at his book, which annoyed Spade.

Suddenly, Spade grabs the book out of Seraph's hands, shocking him as he looks up to see him run away.

Seraph: Wha-?! HEY GIVE THAT BACK!

Spade: Unless you take some time to relax, then I will!

Seraph then chases after Spade. The two were in the game of cat and mouse until one has caught the other. 

Seraph: GOTTA! Now gimme back my book!

Seraph demanded as he twisted Spade's arm around his back.

Spade: OW! OW! OW! Okay! Okay! I'll give it back!

Spade pleased as he gives the book back to Seraph.

Seraph: Thank you.

Looking through his book, Seraph makes sure his notes were in order. However, he notices that one is missing.

Seraph: Huh? Where is it-!

Spade: You're looking for this?

Looking up, Seraph saw Spade holding up a note that contains information about Oripathy. He immediately grabs it from his hand and puts it into his book. 

Spade: You know... That note contained some very interesting information. Mine telling me?

Seraph: .....It's about Oripathy... A cure for Oripathy.

Spade: What? That's impossible.

Seraph: Indeed, but there's no shame in trying the impossible. 

Spade: What are you going to do? Jump into a Catastrophe? 

Spade sarcastically said only to get no reply from Seraph.

Spade: Wait, you actually think about doing that?! You must be crazy!

Seraph: Sometimes craziness is the answer to a problematic question.

Before Spade could say anything, the sound of chanting caught the two's attention along with the sounds of fighting, which alerts them.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Seraph: What the heck is going on over there?

Spade: Sounds like a fight is taking place. Let's go check it out!

The Wildcard Of TerraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara