Chapter 22

Location: Tai Hong Road, Lungmen

Somewhere, Spade and Ch'en, alongside the other operators, are on a street in front of a mansion.

Spade: Hey Ch'en, isn't this where your-

Ch'en: Yes, this is the place where my sister and I separated.

Spade: Oh...

Ch'en: It's also the estate that belonged to my biological father.

Spade: Doesn't matter now due to the state it's in.

Spade steps into the front lawn and surveys the area while Hoshiguma conversed with Ch'en, leaving a gaping hole where Spade could see the interior of the mansion. Spade then stops in front of the door and grabbed the knob, it was locked.

Spade: Since you're familiar with this place, did you bring a key, Ch'en?

Ch'en: No.

Spade: Well in that case, I have a key.

Spade said as he pulls out a hammer before slamming it against the door, knocking it down.

Spade: Ugandan key!

Hoshiguma: Was it really necessary to knock the door down?   

Spade: Of course, I have to. And besides, she didn't have the key, and almost half of the house is destroyed.

Hoshiguma: That's doesn't mean you should- Ah, forget it.

The three enter the house leaving the others outside waiting for them, they notice that despite the gaping hole, the house was still relatively sturdy.

Hoshiguma: Ch'en, answer me honestly, do you hate your old man?

Ch'en: He doesn't deserve to be my father.

Spade: Damn

Hoshiguma: If I remember correctly, you joined the L.G.D. right after you graduated from Victoria and returned to Lungmen.

Ch'en: I was living in the dorms at the time.

Hoshiguma: So, you never returned here after that.

Ch'en: I have no lingering attachments to this place.

Spade: Isn't that a bit rude?

Ch'en: I don't care.

Spade: Okay then.

Hoshiguma: Anyways, do you have any ideas about what this high-value target might be?

Ch'en didn't answer, instead, she blankly looked around the room not noticing the two giving her weird looks.

Hoshiguma: Ch'en?

Spade: Oh boy, she's in her own world again.

Hoshiguma: Huh? What do you mean?

Spade: During my time as her partner, she sometimes daydream during her work... Umm, can you... go outside and wait for us? 

Hoshiguma: Sure, don't take too long.

Hoshiguma exited the building leaving Ch'en and Spade, the male yawned before sitting on one of the chairs listening to Ch'en's mumbling.

Ch'en: You really kept this room clean all this time. Hmph, how generous of you to keep a tidy bed for me.

Spade Thoughts: Jeez, this side of her reminds me of... Actually... I forget who it was.