SIX

A busy day in the life of a famously thirsty gay author and his super smart housemate

For the record, this is the first chapter I actually planned the plot for, woohoo! It's rare that I have a well thought out enough plot to plan, and this estimated story comes in at ten chapters of increasing length. However, the summary for chapter six, which is what I am supposed to be writing, sees Yanxu and the now famous Yu-Er encounter a lot more opportunities for plan k, mostly at Kido's fan meeting and the local fireworks show to the joy of the eager BL fangirls. There is also a stray Jiang Long, who is Yanxu's runaway brother in this story and will pop up a lot in very convenient places for his dage to see him, although I claim creative loyalty on that, because my brother plot is very much lighter and about Yanxu learning about the world outside his job than the heavy subplot in be with you.

Once again, Gao Yu had company when he woke up in the guest bedroom, that was more like the master bedroom with the clinging professor and his, maybe their huge cat at this point. Qi Bo was a furry warm pillow that laid across his feet, and Ji Yanxu was the human sized sloth that crawled into his bed and clung his arm to death, which caused a strangely constricting, yet comforting feeling for the cartoonist that was very much used to being alone in bed until he spent a night at Yanxu's apartment and got the insomniac cuddle bug treatment. "Good morning xiao Bo! How is my favourite big cat today?", he greeted Qi Bo rather seriously, while he scratched him under the chin, as if he was not talking to a cat but a competent small child. The Maine coone looked at him with wide olive green eyes, yet there was an odd understanding that defied logical understanding, and the cat meowed back in an almost conversational way on a daily basis now. Yanxu was half woken by the meows, and felt his jealousy creep up a little bit more, because he wanted to be greeted in the morning first, not his overly intelligent cat. 

On his right bicep, the bed sloth glared at Gao Yu enviously and clung tighter until the other man got the right idea. “Good morning Xu-Er, how is my genius professor today?”, he asked sweetly, giving the psychologist a quick peck from where they could just about kiss. The curling smile told him that Yanxu was happy now, and kindly uncurled his entire body from the cartoonists arm like he should have done since he woke up, but it seemed to be a routine lately. As his master went out of the room, Qi Bo followed on swift fluffy paws and let the poor, abused occupant of the bed get up and carry on with life. There was little to no awkwardness between the two men after a solid week of living together, so it was easy to just walk out in pajama pants and slippers to make breakfast. Breakfast also changed now Gao Yu was in charge of the grocery shopping and cooking, from near stale bread and bitter coffee with no nutritional function, to a whole array of fresh fruits, congee, fruit juice and soy milk. A bowl of poached meat and rice was put out for Bo Bo, so he did not bother his owners when they ate, especiallyJi Yanxu who had a new habit of reading psychology journals and eating whatever got put in his bowl on auto pilot. His mind was clearly in a different place to his stomach when he did this, and somehow managed to multitask, because he could eat through multiple bowls of congee spiked with protein powder, a whole apple diced, and two glasses of juice or soy milk.

That particular day, it was an action packed twenty four hours of constant activity, including a psychology conference for Yanxu, a second fansign in a cafe about an hour away from the conference building before that. Therefore, Gao Yu had planned to get ahead of time and drive to their hotel in time to style his hair, change clothes and buy a new pair of earrings to have a fresh look for the fansign photos that would be circulated on the internet. For the last fansign he wore his beloved denim shirt, black jeans, grey hoodie and fake glasses outfit combination, and the small group of local fans were praising his impeccable fashion sense and sexy body to no end, so he was going to follow a similar idea but make it sexier like they were talking about in the comments on his weibo account. The cartoonist then looked up the latest fashion trends for men, like, the trends that more financially able men followed instead of going to the local dollar store and picking up the cheapest tee shirts and pants on sale.