ONE

It's be with you, which I am actually watching all the way through, but gay and HanBing because everything is better with Gao Hanyu and Bing-Er together. We lost the female who can't write straight romance for this alternative version because it's more appropriately gay if we have Gao Yu and his failing bl career. Also, Ji Yanxu is a psychology professor to fit my plot better, but everything else remains kinda the same. On a side note, I think Zhang Yao is a really good actress, like I actually want to watch her court Ji Yanxin, and the story is very entertaining to watch. 

“Kido, come to my office please when you have finished the last scene. It’s coming up to the fresh works competition and I need to give personal feedback so you will all succeed in the future.”, Yangfan, the manager of Hit5 comics called out, gesturing to a messy corner of the office. In that messy corner was one of the failing artists of the company, Gao Yu, who always seemed to try so hard, but he never had the special spark in a comic that was necessary to attract readers. The young man was actually very attractive when he was not in nerd mode, with fringe scraped back in an old pink spa headband that was skilfully pinched from one of his work trips, and his eye bags that were thrice as big as his bank account, but the last few days had been rough as hell since a deadline was looming over the company. Boss knew best though, and he had to drag his ass to the boss as long as he wanted to keep his job. 

It was more comfortable in Yangfan’s personal office, and the moment Gao Yu sank into the sofa cushions, he wanted to sleep for a year and a day, but there was business to discuss judging by the cup of coffee that was being shoved into his tired hands. “Yu-didi, we need to face the fact that your comics have all been less than successful since the first one. If you cannot get picked in the fresh work competition coming up, I will have to advise that you pick one of the various trades you have worked in the past and settle down in a normal job. Trust me, I do not want to, but you need to make a really good story this time.”, he said soberly, like he truly was reluctant to fire one of the most disappointing cartoonists in the building.

“What am I missing Ge? My form and scene work is good, the story is action packed and romantic, that is what my comics promise.”, the exhausted cartoonist asked in pure exasperation. Coffee, contrary to the myths, was not an instant pick me up, and the added stress of the competition was not helping. Maybe he should have taken up one of his more successful part time jobs as a more serious option if Yanfan had to fire him because he was not getting enough readers...

“It’s simple. you make great action stories and the details are on point, but they lack the ongoing feeling of living happily ever after that the readers want to see. In the last story Qiao Chusheng and Lu Yao broke the fangirls hearts because Lu Yao got married to the annoying journalist, who everyone thought he hated, and Chusheng gave what looked like zero fucks that his boyfriend was suddenly straight and married to his adopted sister. You need to make  Yutong and Zhan Yao be proper lovers in SCI, with all the sugar, cheesy tropes and even sex if that helps stirred in among all the action, not just fuck buddies and then it all ends like a typical heterosexual drama! Take some time and hopefully, you might actually find a person to base the emotions of, then this story will be the best in the area or even more wide spread!", Yangfan said. He looked serious, and if there was anything Gao Yu had to about, it was his distinct lack of romantic experience. An established bisexual then gay from the wee age of sixteen, when he moved out with his part time job money and in the gym, realised that the sweaty and scanntily clad ladies were not that attractive, but the gym going men looked like the best thing since in sliced bread in simple gym shorts and vests, Hanyu had never actually been brave enough to ask one out. Unlike the gong characters in his comics, he was a shy introvert in reality, who had been waiting for a man to fall on him and declare undying romance, or the other way around if that was how it would go best, and had never had that happen. 

Leaving the company building and heading back to his flat share, Gao Yu stopped by a scenically placed bench to lap up the view. The view being the muscle man working out by the river, because under the mask of neutral indifference, he was just as thirsty as the rest of the population for a good hunk of muscle. He was nearly finished with the third sketch of the mystery workout man, when a cat(?) started digging through his bag, eating the fish snacks he had in there. The confusion was initially over what was eating his snacks, because he had never seen a cat so huge, and with a dog lead on like it was on a daily walk, but then he noticed it eating his food. “Aiya, who let their overgrown cat loose? Do you have a tag, or a QR code leading back to your owner da mao, I can take you back.”, he asked the cat, the thought how stupid that sounded. Instead, he raked through the well brushed fur for a tag, got a shower of long cream coloured hair on his black pants in the process, when he finally found a cute little paw shaped tag with a name and location QR code, with the name Qi Bo.

“Qi Bo, let us find your owner. Come with me you overgrown mop!”, he commanded. Qi Bo clearly decided he really missed his owner, or hated being called an overgrown mop, because he took off like a mad rocket, dragging Gao Yu through the crowds regardless of social decency. He should never have underestimated the big cat, not knowing that the cat was going to charge at its owner and take the cartoonist with him. The next thing that poor, deeply confused Hanyu knew, was that he was tied to the most beautiful cat owner he had ever seen, and then, he was getting pushed to the ground, on top of the perfect shou by a large force jumping on the middle of his back. His lips, which he personally thought were his best feature, closely followed by his ripped arms, were shoved on a pair of cute, rose pink lips with a godly cupid’s bow. Damn cat had good taste at least, tying him to the real life embodiment of Zhan Yao!