FOUR

Shocked gay becomes plus one for a fancy psychology event, doesn't really understand much but hot prof looks good in a tux

(Author doesn’t understand much either, but likes Hanyu too much to stop)

Even though he had not been home to get a change of clothes or his usual skin products, the cartoonist managed to find enough spare towels to shower before falling asleep on the surprisingly comfortable couch for the night. One of an artists skills was to fall asleep anywhere between jobs, and Ji Yanxu’s couch was one of the most comfortable overnight naps Gao Yu had taken, and the spare clothes to pic from were excellent quality. Unfortunately, the professor was awake before him, even though the night fever pills should have him knocked out, and was embarking on a quest for his usual terrible breakfast of coffee and bread when his housekeeper was awoken by the noise of shuffling around the kitchen. “Yanxu-dage! You should have got me up if you were hungry, there should be some overnight oats in the fridge ready to eat, and that will be much more nutritious than caffeine and bread. Have you checked your temperature, yeye invited you to the party but if you are sick he will understand-mhm.”, he tried to say. The brazen psychology professor had kissed him, and besides his lips feeling really nice despite the fact that anyone else would have rather unpleasant lips in the morning, his second kiss had been used to shut him up. 

The tragic lack of romantic cause was a slight upset, but the reality remained that he had been kissed without having physics involved, and it was good enough for a fake boyfriend. It was fairly certain that Yanmu Yeye would expose them in his immense joy, and fake kissing would be a good start, along with a few practised pet names to show off. First of all though, the handsome cartoon artist would need a suit to attend a Ji patriarch party, because even the smart outfit in the laundry was too casual for being a prevalent psychologists boyfriend, and where there was a rich young master, there would be a tailor and a bank account. “Xu-Er, have you got a suit I can borrow for the event? People would never accept a boyfriend less dressed than you, and might still offer their daughters, and sons now as potential partners. ” Gao Yu asked boldly, purposely suggesting something that would make Ji Yanxu want to play the facade out well. As long as people thought he was in a relationship, the chance of being harassed was significantly lower, and the cost of lending or having to buy a suit seemed meagre compared to the reaped benefits. 

“We can drop by the shopping complex and get a ready made suit, someone should have the right size, and then go straight to the party from here. I did rope you in as a fake boyfriend after all, the least I can do is give you a simple suit for the trouble.”, Yanxu replied indifferently. Honestly, if his face and physique was not consistent with his dream shou Zhan Yao, he could not put up with such an insufferable brat. Just because he had a high IQ and came from a good family did not make a member of the Ji family any better than a Gao family member, despite the only known Gao in the situation being a struggling comic artist, who was depending on an entirely nonsensical boy’s love novel to boost his career, which was pretty popular for a starting comic on the ratings. If SCI went national, then the cartoonist would have to come straight about what he had been doing among the housekeeper and PA duties that Yanxu thought he was solely responsible for. However, such a small confession could wait, because Gao Yu had a rich fool to rob for a new suit. 

Shopping on the expensive side of the shopping centre was a poor man’s dream! A simple tee could be made from a much more pleasant material, and yet the huge price tag was worth it. Yanxu’s favourite suit fitting store, right after the hairdresser where the housekeeper paid for a more tidy haircut, was surprisingly one of the slightly less expensive ones, with a good range of different cuts to choose from. Since a spoiled young master like Xu-Er most likely had a traditional black or navy three piece with bow tie, it would be more fashionable to go for a more relaxed yet smart look. Therefore, the very mature twenty something year old man decided on a grey check three piece, with a pair of new leather shoes and no tie of any kind. It was sexy, and the kind of smart sexy that would convince the world that he was the right man for an accomplished professor like Ji Yanxu. “Wow! So handsome Gao xiansheng, do you have a girlfriend at the moment?”, the shameless shop assistant asked excitedly, with a bright red face full of makeup. Gao Yu felt a little repulsed by the eagerness at which this girl was ready to be his girlfriend, and even if he was not gay, it was certain no one would like this type of female companion.