Catchers Alike[Takaya Abe x Softball Player! Reader]

"Why are we here! This is softball, not baseball!" Tajima whined, slouching and dropping his shoulders. The team agreed with Tajima, for what it felt like the first time. Momoe put her hands on her hips and smiled, "Because! I'm friends with their coach, and I want y'all to watch their battery mostly their catcher." The team nodded their head and went to their seats.

'Give her a forkball...inside middle.' You thought, giving your pitcher-Sora-the signs for the pitch. She nodded and threw the pitch.

"Three Strikes your out!" The umpire called, putting his hand up in a fist then pointing at their dugout. Claps and people yelling 'nice try' and 'you'll get them next time' flooded through your ears.

"Time!" You called, taking off your face guard and running over to Sora. Nishiura started asking questions to each other, wondering what's going on. Abe watched your movement, he looked at your number and his eyes widened. 'Shes number 2....and she's a catcher as well..'

"Idiot! What the hell was that first pitch!?" You cried, putting your knuckles on the sides of her head as your team tried to calm you down.

"I-I didn't mean to! I'm sorry (Y/N)!" Sora apologized, grabbing your arms and trying to move them from her head, but your arms didn't budge.

"Whoa! She's just like Abe!"

"That's kind of scary"

"Shes crazy!"

"I don't think I can handle another Abe"

"Same! It be too much to handle"

You sighed, walking back to your place and putting your face guard back on, before you bent down you yelled, "Two outs girls! We got this!" Your teammates cheered in agreement, ready to get this game moving.

'Sam...she likes them out side and middle, let's give her a curve. Middle to inside.' You gave the signs and put your glove in position. She nodded and threw the pitch.

"Strike one!"

"That was a warm up swing." Sam chuckled, getting her arms warmed up. You rolled your eyes and got ready for another pitch. 'Lower middle' she nodded and threw the pitch.

"Strike two!"

Nishiura watched in amazement. Tajima-being Tajima- stood up and started cheering for Sora and you. You glanced over at Nishiura and smiled a bit, you knew a few of the players personally like Tajima, Hanai, Nishihiro, and Mihashi.

"Let's go (Y/N), Let go! Kick their asses!" Tajima laughed, running over to the fence to get a front row seat. Hanai tried to stop him but failed as Tajima kept yelling for Sora and you.

~~~~~~
BAM!

You took off your face guard, watching the ball as you yelled at center field, "Catch it! Go in deep!" Kaylen-center field- started running as fast as she could, then went in for a slide, holding out her arm.

You stood there, watching Kaylen wondering if she got the ball or not. If she didn't, you'll be pissed.

"I got it!" She screamed, holding up her glove with the ball inside. You let out a sigh of relief, telling the umpire that you needed a time out. You jogged over to Sora with an irritated face expression.

"What the hell was that?! That wasn't what I gave you! I told you to give me a change up, but you gave me a ball down the middle!" You were pissed, the other team was ahead by two points and you didn't want to loose this game, you didn't want to look like an idiot in front of Abe and the others.

"I know! I'm sorry!" Tears streamed down her face. You groaned, "your just like Mihashi! But it's fine, it's our turn to bat"

~~~~~~~

"Next up, (L/N), the catcher!"

You stood at home, getting in the batters box and get into batting position. Once the pitcher shook her head at her catcher, then nodded her head you sighed, backing up slightly.

"Ball!"

"Whoa..she knew the pitch, s-she's kind of like you, Abe~kun." Mihashi stated, looking at you then at Abe. He nodded his head in agreement, which kind of shocked the team.

"Strike one!"

'One ball and one strike, my guess is it's going to be a curve..middle to the inside' the pitcher nodded at her catcher and threw the ball. 'Wait! It's sinker!' You quickly changed your hand position on the bat and hit the ball. You ran to first base and smiled.

"You are (Y/N) right? The catcher?" You looked up and saw Abe, you smirked slightly, "yep, you're Takaya Abe, Nishiura's catcher as well." 'Ooo's' came from some of the boys and pink painted his face, "yeah, good luck."

~~~~~~~

"Thank you for the game!" You all yelled, bowing at each other. Once the teams went to the dugouts, people started leaving or waited for their child.

"Come on girls!" You called, tossing your bag over your shoulder. You all walked out of the stadium and walked over to Nishiura.

"So! What did you find interesting about the team?" Momoe asked, holding a clipboard with Nishiura's players.

"That first base, Emiya has a pretty amazing swing!"

"That their catcher really wanted to win, and they did"

Everyone said something that they found interesting about the team as Momoe wrote it down. She looked at Abe, "What about you Abe?" Red covered his cheek and the tips of his ears, his eyes darted around in embarrassment.

"That their catcher is kind of cute...and I would like to see more of their games." Everyone looked at him. They never thought that he'd say that! Not in a million years.

"So I'm cute?" You walked over to Abe and smiled. A darker red covered his cheeks as he looked at the wall. 'Crap! She heard! Calm down and play it cool dude!'

"Yeah so?" He didn't want to lie, he thought that you were a badass on the field and he would want to talk more.

"Here," You handed him a slip of paper. Taking it, he looked at the writing and saw your number and dates and times for your games. "Maria has all the tickets, so I'll see you guys at the next game."

Your team walked off, laughing at the teams reaction to you and Abe's little moment.

~~~~~

"Strike three! Your out!"

Cheers filled the stadium as you stood up, taking off your face guard and running over to your team. They went in for a group hug, mostly tackling you in the hug.

"We did it!" You cried, wiping the tears from your face as you looked at Nishiura. They tackled each other into hugs, cheering and clapping, but Abe watched you in amazement. Suddenly he ran off, running down the steps then disappearing. Once he was in the stadium, his shoes squeaked as he stumbled, missing the hallway that leads to the field. He ran in, picking up his speed again.

"Abe?"

"What's he doing?"

"Get him (Y/N)!"

Once you saw his figure, you bolted to him and him doing the same. Once you two met in the middle, the both of you hugged each other for dear life, like it was the end of the world. Crying into his shoulder, you knees gave out and you leaned onto Abe for support. He picked you up by your thighs and put his head in the crook of your neck.

"You did it..you actually did it!" His voice cracked from the tears filling his eyes as he looked you dead in the eyes with a smile. You laughed, putting your left hand in his messy raven hair and slamming your lips on his. He was taken back by this then melted into the kiss.

Screams of shock and excitement pored out of the crowd. Everyone was taking videos and pictures to remember the moment.

Once the two of you pulled away, Suyama looked at both the teams and smiled, "who knew that catchers alike would fall for each other" he said, pointing at the two of you as you went on for another sweet kiss.