𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

Start from the beginning

Noah laughs and goes to grab a cupcake. "No not yet. Wait until there are more guests. You still going with Jonathan today?" She asks me in a hopeful voice.

"For the sake of you Willow, yes. I'm not letting the pettiness ruin your day." She nods. I notice Willow was wearing blue and Noah had a light pink shirt on.

"Oh that's y'all predictions?" I ask. "Yes, I want a baby girl." Noah says posing in his shirt.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna go get the box. Ava, Khalik is bringing over Serenity when I pick up Jon." She nods and I leave the house and pull up my phone as I get in my car.

Calling Khalik...

"Yo, you good?"

"Yeah, you can go over now. Tell Jonathan I'm outside."

"Alright cool."

I hang up and back up out of my drive, waiting for Jon in the street. Khalik walks out of the house holding Serenity. She was wearing a pink dress and Khalik was wearing a pink hoodie.

He comes over to my window and I roll it down. "Hi Ele." Serenity smiles at me. "Hi baby you okay?" She nods. "Y'all gone talk today?" Khalik asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. I just want to enjoy my friend's gender reveal." He sighs. "Okay, see y'all when you get back." He walks into my house and closes the door behind him.

A few minutes later Jon comes out of his house and gets into my car. "You alright?" He asks me and I nod. "I've missed you."

"Jonathan, we just need to go get the box." I respond, ignoring his comment. "Oh it's Jonathan now huh? I know I messed up but you're acting stupid."

I suck my teeth. "Fuck you. I don't have anything to say to your dumbass."

"Bruh you know what? I'm actually trying to solve this and you just locking me out. Would you rather me not tell you?! I realised my mistake and I came to you as I should have instead of acting like it never happened. It was just a fucking kiss you're acting like I fucked her or something. You're supposed to be an adult and have a conversation when shit goes wrong."

I blink away some tears and let out a soft breath. I was really hurt. Part of me did feel like our relationship wouldn't work. This is his baby mother we are talking about, they have a child together. I feel conflicted. Jonathan tells me he wants to talk but I just don't know what to do.

"Baby I promise you it was a mistake. It was never supposed happen. Khalik let her in-"

"NO! You don't get to blame someone else for YOUR actions. He didn't make you kiss her Jonathan. That was all you. How do I not know that you've done this before and it's only this time you wanted to come clean? I don't want to talk about this. I'm just trying to enjoy my day. When I'm ready to accept your fake ass apology, I'll let you know."

I park the car and get out. I walk into the store and go up to the counter to request the box I had ordered. The guy comes back out with it and offers to carry it to my car.

I walk to my car and open the trunk so he could put the box in. "Thank you." He smiles. "Thank you for shopping with us." He replies and walks back into the store.