TWO BLESSINGS

Next morning the yagya was held and it went on for days and nights. It was going continuously, the ministers made sure there was enough wood for the flame to keep burning.

Maharaj Vishwaroop and Maharani Sharani kept giving offerings to yagya, non-stop. For days they didn't eat, sleep, drink water, heck they didn't even budge from their places.

But their efforts didn't go in vain as Suryadev was finally happy with them. On the dawn of 16th day of their yagya, miracle happened.

As the it rose in the east, the first two rays of the Sun fell directly on Maharani Sharani's womb. She kept her hand on her stomach and could feel, the presence of two beings in her womb.

"Maharaj !" She called excitedly.

Vishwaroop looked at her confused, she grabbed his hand and puts it over her womb. Vishwaroop smiled getting a faint sensation of divine energy.

"Badhayi ho ! Maharani Garbh-vati hai !" Vishwaroop announced.

"Maharaj aur Maharani ki jai !" The ministers hailed joyfully.

□□□□□

Maharani Sharani was in labor and there has arised some complications.

"Maharaj, divya baccho ko garbh mai rakhne ke karan dono ko upyukt poshan nahi mila paya hai. Hume dar hai Maharani keval ek hi santaan ko janm de payengi." Raj-vaid Trishika said.

"Aisa nahi ho sakta, Maharani awashya dono ko janm dengi." Maharaj said entering the room, where Sharani was in immense pain.

"Maharaj !" Sharani called in pain, Vishwaroop came near her grabbed her hand.

"Humse nahi ho payega Maharaj !" Sharani cried.

"Himmat rakhiye, Suryanagar ki Maharani aise nahi haar maan sakti." Vishwaroop said.

Raj-vaid Trishika, entered the room and kept a hand on Sharani's belly. Trying to feel the babies. She frowned feeling the sensations, scaring Maharaj and Maharani.

"Kya hua Raj-vaid ji ?" Vishwaroop asked.

"Aapki ek santaan dusre santaan ko tej aur urja pradaan kar rahi hai, Maharaj." Trishika said.

"Arthat ?" Maharaj asked confused. Suddenly a wide smile appeared on the Raj-vaid's face.

"Aapki ek santaan ne dusre ko mrityu ke mukh se bacha liya Maharaj. Dusre ko urja pradan kar, pehli ne uske praan bacha liye." Trishika said.

A smile of relief appeared on both of their faces.

"Maharani, himmat dikhayiye ! Aapko aise pratapi santano ko janm dena hi hoga !" Trishika said.

After 3 hours of labor, two beautiful baby girls were born, two beautiful blessings. The elder one had deer-like sharp hazel eyes while the younger one had round dark brown eyes.

"Apni santano ko naam dijiye Maharaj." Sharani said.

Vishwaroop picked up the elder baby girl and looked at her, as a name popped in his head.

"Aahana." Vishwaroop said, and the baby smiled making Vishwaroop chuckle.

"Lagta hai aapko pasand aaya." He whispered to her and then placed her in the cradle.

He picked up the younger baby girl and looked at her as a another name popped in his head.

"Aarashi." Vishwaroop said and the baby smiled.

"Lagta hai aapko bhi apna naam pasand aaya." He muttered making the baby chuckle.

He placed the Aarashi in another cradle but she started crying. He looked at her confused and saw that she was moving her hand towards Aahana as if wanting to go to her.

And in the other cradle Aahana was looking at her and then moved her hand at her as if calling her.

"Maharaj, shayad dono Rajkumariyo ko saath rehna hai." Trishika said.

Vishwaroop nodded and placed Aarashi in Aahana's cradle and both the babies started smiling and giggling.

All three adults chuckled at the inseparable twins.

□□□□□□□
A/N

BOW TO PRINCESSES, AS RADIANT AS THE SUN ! BOW TO THE PRINCESSES AS BEAUTIFUL AS FRESHLY BLOOMED LOTUSES OF VAIKUNTH !

RAMAYAN FUN FACT : Ajanbahu is a Sanskrit word to describe a person, whose length of arms is so long that his finger can touch his knee. In Indian culture, persons with such physical characteristics are either Gods, saints, kings or great warriors. Some of the popular Ajanbahus were Shri Ram, Shri Krishna, Laxman, Gautam Buddha etc.