Part 15

You had been standing in front of the door that led to Jimin's room for ten minutes. You didn't know what was about to happen when you opened the door. On one hand, you wanted to apologize and get back into Jimin's good graces, but on the other, you really weren't sorry at all for running away. Even though Suga had forgiven you, and even though you probably would never do it again, you didn't regret it. You had almost done it. You had almost escaped from the most dangerous gang in the country.

Gathering every ounce of courage you had left, you raised your fists and knocked sharply on the door. You waited for a few seconds, listening for movement inside the room. You heard some shuffling and then a pause, but no one came to the door. You frowned and took the initiative, turning the knob and pushing the door open.

You stepped inside the room to see Jimin standing near his computer, his arms crossed. It looked like he had been expecting you to just walk in. You met his gaze and literally felt the ice from his glower. You sucked in a sharp breath and swallowed hard. It was one thing to imagine his reaction, but now you actually had to face him. You weren't sure if you had enough nerve for this.

"He let you out already? Why am I not surprised?" Jimin jeered nastily. You pursed your lips and stepped further inside the room. Jimin narrowed his eyes as you squared your shoulders and held your ground.

"I came to work things out with you." You said sincerely, rubbing your wrists, which were still red and sore from the rope. Jimin scoffed at your statement, causing your stomach to drop.

"Yeah, that's rich. Little princess got caught so now she decides to make things right." He taunted, giving you a nasty sneer. "Spare me your Bambi act. You're nothing but a pathetic fake and I want nothing to do with you." His words cut and you had to force yourself not to cry.

"You can't be angry with me, Jimin. You knew I was capable of this. You basically banked on it when Suga planted me with that man." You said softly, hoping to appeal to him somehow. Jimin let out a humorless laugh.

"I thought I knew you, Y/N. I thought I knew the kind of person you were. That's why I thought you'd be so grateful to us for saving you that you wouldn't defy us anymore." Jimin said angrily, his sardonic humor disappearing. You blinked and stared at him, the words turning over in his head. Why was he talking like... like he had been the one to plan the whole thing?

"It was you." You concluded out loud. "You came up with the idea to use me."

Of course, it made sense. Jimin knew you better than any of the other members. Even though you were unpredictable, he knew you would never pass up the chance to escape. He had used that part of you, that insecure part of you to his advantage. And then he figured you'd be so thankful to them for rescuing you that you would be their little lap dog and no longer cause any problems. It all made sense now.

"Of course it was me, you idiot. Suga asked me for a way to make you more compliant, and I came up with a way to kill two birds with one stone." Jimin said patronizingly, like he was talking to a child. You felt indignation and anger rise in your chest and you gritted your teeth.

"So the only reason you're angry with me is because I didn't follow your stupid plan?" You snarled. Jimin pursed his lips and you bristled. "You prick." You growled, feeling all that suppressed anger flood back into your system.

"You know I thought you'd come to your senses after the first night away from us. I knew where you were twenty minutes after we found the dress." Jimin explained, oblivious to you fuming with clenched fists. "You didn't call the police or contact anyone you knew as far as I could tell, so I thought maybe you were regretting leaving. I was waiting for you to find your way back to us. But you never did and I lost hope for you."