Part 14

You woke to a pounding headache and a bright light above you. You opened your eyes groggily and lifted your head, which felt like it was being weighed down by lead or something. Your vision was blurry and your brain felt like someone had shoved a pole inside it and swished it around to make everything feel jumbled and fuzzy.

You blinked several times before your vision cleared and your surroundings came into focus. The first thing you noticed was the pain in your neck and shoulders, which you realized came from the fact that you were sitting on a chair. Because of that, your head had been in an awkward position. You also realized that your arms were tied behind the chair at your wrists, which explained the soreness in your shoulders.

You blinked and shook your head, trying to clear the fuzziness in your head.

"Welcome back, little firecracker." An all too familiar voice said above you. "It's so nice of you to grace us with your consciousness."

You lifted your head and met the cold dark eyes of the devil himself: Suga. The other four flanked him on either side and all of them had the same blank, emotionless expression. You swallowed as you felt fear and anger enter your system. Even though your head was heavy, you forced yourself to lift your chin and look him in the eye.

"Why am I tied up?" You asked, pulling at your wrists. "Are you really that scared of me?" You taunted, puckering your lips. Your lips quirked at the sides and you saw the slap coming before Suga even moved.

The impact of the slap echoed through the little room and your head whipped to the side from the force. You bit the inside of your cheek at the impact and your mouth filled with blood. You spat it out distastefully and rotated your head back to face them.

"You will not speak unless I give you permission. Do I make myself clear?" Suga snarled, clenching his fists by his sides. You raised an eyebrow and didn't respond. Suga let out a sharp breath and started to pace in front of you.

You looked past him to the other members. J-Hope looked bored as he leaned against the wall, inspecting his fingernails. V and Jungkook weren't looking at you, and instead stared directly in front of them, like robots. Jimin, however, was staring right at you, giving you the most scathing look you'd ever received. You could feel his betrayal and loathing from where you were sitting and your blood ran cold at the thought.

You looked around the small room and frowned. You didn't recognize it. There were no windows and aside from the light right above your head, there was nothing else substantial about it. Brown walls, wooden floor, and a door just behind where Jimin and J-Hope stood. You didn't recognize this place and it was impossible for you to figure out anything else.

"What am I going to do with you, little firecracker?" Suga said finally, pulling your attention back to him. You bit your tongue to keep yourself from snapping at his question. He was talking more to himself than anyone else.

"You have betrayed my trust a countless number of times." Suga said, turning back to you. You saw the fire in his eyes as he spoke.

"You tried to sabotage my business, you pulled a gun on me, and then you ran from me. What's worse, you thought you could get away with all of it." He stepped closer to you and you had to strain your neck to keep eye contact with him.

He closed a fist in your hair and squeezed, yanking your head to the side, making you wince. "I have been lenient with you. I have let you live for this long and I am finding it hard to find a reason to keep you alive any longer." He hissed in your ear.

You gritted your teeth and waited for him to release you. You wouldn't give him the satisfaction of retaliation.

Eventually, he did, and stepped back. You lifted your head back up and stared directly into his eyes, the fear you felt vanishing in an instant. His threats no longer fazed you. He could be as intimidating as he wanted. You would never let him manipulate you or use you again. You had been pushed around and treated like an object for the last time.