Chapter 7

I slowly squinted my eyes open to witness the harsh sunlight. It's morning already? I heard someone sigh and shift next to me. I looked over to see Night next to me, sleeping peacefully. A warm glow spread through my blocky body. I'm in love with him. His words replayed in my mind:

     "Love is when your heart practically hums at the sight of the special person."

     My heart was doing more than humming. It's hammering against my chest, so hard I feel like it would explode. Night opening his eyes dragged me back to the present.

     "Hey." I said softly. He smiled, sitting up straighter.

     "Hey." He replied. He got up from my side. "I'll go scout the perimeter. You never know if there's more humans around."

     "Ok, good luck." I hugged him before he disappeared with a poof!. I left my room and trotted down the stairs to see Melody and Wildstar having a good time with Luna, playing fetch. Oli was looking at the fun longingly.

     "Why don't you join in?" I whispered softly. He shrugged.

     "I'm not really a people person. I'm more of a dog person." He admitted. I smirked and pushed him, making him faceplant. Luna barked excitedly and pounced on him. When Oli got up, I was relieved he wasn't angry. He laughed while stroking Luna, who wagged her tail madly. "Thanks I guess." He responded, smiling. Melody handed me a slice of bread, which I happily accepted. Wildstar was petting Jeffery while Oli and Luna played fetch. Everything seemed peaceful.

     I heard yelling, and I jerked my head up to see someone in a dark grey outfit with black hair running from a pack of zombies. I grabbed my amethyst armor.

     "Stay here." I ordered the others. I picked up my Ender Knight sword and charged outside.

     "Inside, quick!" I yelled to the person. The human didn't hesitate to brush past me and dart inside. I quickly whirled after the newcomer and locked the door behind me as the zombies died out from burning.

     "Thanks!" The teenager gasped. I shrugged my shoulders and hung up the amethyst armor and the sword.

     "No prob, what's your name?" I asked while taking out the cord from my glass bottle of water.

     "Sherbert202." I passed Sherbert202 the water, which was quickly drank.

     "Is it cool if I call you Sherbert?" I asked politely.

     "I guess."