Chapter 4

I squealed as Night tossed me into the river.

"You're lucky I know how to swim!" I yelled when I surfaced. He scoffed and sat down under a tree as I dived under the water. It's sort of nice here, but I think the squids ruin it. "Get out of here!" I blubbed to the nearest squid. It glanced at me with its derpy eyes before swimming off. I started running out of air, so I quickly surfaced to see Violet eyes watching me from the tree's shadow. I pulled myself out of the water to join him, keeping a safe distant since he was allergic to water.

"I'm glad it's not raining." He commented. Yesterday, it had been raining all day, so he was stuck inside the house.

"Yeah me too. It's more fun around here when I'm with a friend." I noticed his cheeks start to turn rose colored as he pulled his turtle neck up abruptly. As I dried off, we just observed the land ahead of us, seeing all the pigs, cows, sheep, wolves and horses.

"Hey look over there." Night pointed at a pack a wolves. I peered harder at them and realized that there was someone there with them. As I squinted, I could make out the person. He had a purple hoodie on, with a white tail on the back of it. As he turned around, I spotted his purple eyes. "Do you want to talk to him?" Night asked. I shrugged before nodding. He wrapped his arms around me and teleported us a few blocks away. The boy jumped in surprise.

"Hi!" I called out cheerfully. He stared at Night before his gaze shifted to me.

"Hi." He pulled up his hoodie as he turned back to a puppy and fed it some porksteak. The puppy barked excitedly before scampering over to me.

"Arf! (Hi!)" I chuckled and barked back.

"Arf arf! (Hello!)" The boy looked at me in surprise.

"You can talk to them?" He asked awed as he scratched behind a wolf's ear. I looked up and nodded as the puppy nuzzled my leg. "Olive here!" The puppy skipped over to him with its tail down. "My name's Tillyoli2. Oli for short." He said hesitantly as he picked up Olive.

"I'm EnderShade007, EnderShade for short." I replied, turning to Night only to find him gone. "The friend that was with me, his name is Night." A sudden thump made me whirl around face to face with another person. She brushed her fingerless gloves against her sides.

"Phew! Almost made it beyond that jump." She said breathlessly. She shook my hand. "I'm MelodyStar360, Melody or Star is what I prefer to be called by." She brushed her blue hair out of her turquoise eyes. "Hey Oli, have you seen Wildstar 'round here?"

"Uh yeah, she was here just a-" a shape darted out from behind Melody.

"Boo!" She yelled. Melody jumped in surprise.

"Eek!" She yelped in alarm. "Wildstar_Stormchaser_Wildheart!"

"Yeah that's my name." Wildstar smirked. "Don't wear it out." I chuckled as Melody scoffed. Wildstar glanced over at me. "Who are you?" The golden and turquoise character asked.

"This is EnderShade007. She prefers EnderShade though." Oli said before I could respond. Then Melody clapped her hands together.

"Well, it's getting pretty late. We need to make our makeshift house and get some rest."

"Why don't you come over to my house." I was surprised at my own words. So were the others.

"You have spare space for us?" Wildstar asked. I nodded.

"Plenty." Night walked up to me from behind a tree's shadow, taking my hand. "Just hold on to Night." Everyone placed their hands on Night's shoulders, and then the surroundings changed with a poof!.

"Wooooaaaaaaah." Melody and Wildstar gaped at the enormous house/mansion that hid the sunset. I walked in front of them and Oli.

"Welcome to The Shade Headquarters."