Are All Valkyries Mean?

Start from the beginning

   I stretched and let out a loud yawn as I lay on the bed. Almost immediately, sleep overtook me. For a little while, I was floating in a bliss nothingness. Then, in the next second, I was standing on a hill. 

   If I could describe it in one word...it would be 'breathtaking'

   I was in a huge area of land. The hills were arranged in the shapes of waves, in numbers that looked beyond anyone's ability to count. It reminded me of the ocean during a storm...fierce and beautiful.

   The whole area was infused with thousand, nay millions, of flowers. There were small trees growing in random places that added to the beauty and produced a shade from the bright but gentle  sunlight.

   Birds flew across the sky and chirped, resulting in a soft music that rang through the valley. The sunlight reflected from the flowers, giving them a sparkling look. The sky was a dazzling blue and had a few clouds scattered in it.

   It made me feel at peace...something that I didn't think was possible.

   There was only one thing missing in this perfect place....Andromeda. I really missed her. I know she wasn't safe near me but despite that, I wanted to bring her with me. All of a sudden, the perfect place didn't seem so perfect anymore. I let out a small sigh as I felt my body dissolve. 

   I wondered what happened to that vacation I was thinking about before...

   My eyes opened to the blue sky. For a second, I thought that I panicked and thought I was in the open. I could imagine the hotel staff laughing at me...

   Hi! You got pranked. Lol. 

   Then I remembered that it was just the hotel magic, making the room's ceiling look like the sky. I let out a deep breath of relief and got up. I looked for anything that would tell me the time. On one of the walls, I saw a really old Viking clock. It's hands were axes and swords. 

   Vikings had Viking clocks...why am I not surprised?

   I assumed the axe was the hour hand and the sword was the minute hand. I saw I red arrow, which was probably the seconds hand. I tried my best to read them and I came to the conclusion that it was around a quarter to eight in the morning.

   Either that or I just suck at reading time. 

   I got down from the bed and rubbed my eyes. I brushed my teeth and made my way towards the door. When I opened it, I was face-to-face to a girl in battle armour. Not what I had expected to see when I open the door.

   She had blonde hair and a pretty face. She was lean and looked like she could run a mile without breaking a sweat. She had red eyes that reminded me very much of Ares. In her hand was a huge double sided axe. She was VERY intimidating. When she saw me, her eyes narrowed, causing me to smile sheepishly.

   "Hey..." I said, in an attempt to reduce the tension in the air. She studied me carefully before letting out a small scoff, like she couldn't believe that she was killed by me.

   "I don't appreciate being burned to death" she said in an annoyed voice. I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly. "Well, I don't like burning people to death" I replied. 

   She looked ready to punch me but restrained herself. She took a deep breath and spoke in a cheerful voice, "My name is Olivia. I'm gonna be your Valkyrie for today" she said it like she had been practising it her entire life. 

   Olivia...like the olive tree. If I remember correctly, the olive tree was supposed to be a symbol of peace. But the Valkyrie looked ready to kick my arse and start a war all on her own. Such irony.

   "Okay sure..." I said, unsure of what to do next. Was I supposed to bow to her or something? Maybe shake her hand? I settled for not doing anything.

   "So what now?" I asked. It was staring to get really weird by just standing still near the door. Olivia gave a wicked smirk and spoke in an sickly sweet tone. 

            "Now...we yoga to the death"

<Remember to vote>