Chapter Thirteen: Going

"So... What were you trying to say about me treating you differently?" Addison asked, feeling calmer now after having a couple of minutes to think. Meredith bit her lip and clenched her fists slightly but kept them by her sides because she knew she wasn't in danger.

"I just don't want you picking me for things like this just because of you and I, y'know? I want to earn it." Meredith explained and Addison took a deep breath to contain herself, she didn't want to scare the other woman in front of her.

"I understand, but I don't do that alright. I thought you were the most capable resident because you have been on my service for the past week, was I wrong?" Addison questioned Meredith, suddenly changing from her normal demeanour to her professional demeanour; and Meredith caught onto this pretty quickly.

"No ma'am, you were right. I'm sorry." Meredith apologised politely to her boss and Addison nodded in approval, happy that their concerns were both sorted out now.

"So on another note, Joe's tonight?" Addison's voice changed completely from professional and nonchalant to casual yet excited. Meredith smiled at this change and nodded her head, deciding why the heck not. "Sure, I would love to"

This whole thing Meredith had with Addison made her feel like a teenage girl again; searching eagerly for the older boy's attention. Except in this case, it was the older woman whom also happened to be her boss. "How about we go now? It's getting late and I don't see why we should go home and then meet up directly afterwards" Addison suggested and Meredith just frowned slightly.

"Unlike you, I don't have date night clothes with me everywhere I go" Meredith cheekily remarked, changing her frown into a slight smirk as she gave Addison a predatory stare. Addison got all flustered for some reason; whether it was what Meredith said, the tone she said it in or the stare which made it seem as though Meredith just wanted to rip all of her clothes off anyways. Addison's face heated up into a light crimson colour and she covered it with her hands.

"I-I do n-not!" Addison argued back but ultimately failed, blushing even more at the embarrassment of it all. She knew that Meredith did indeed have a point, but didn't want to make it so blatantly obvious. Meredith chuckled in her head about the state that she was now able to put Addison in with just a tantalising stare, she wanted to ride this a little longer to see where it went.

"What? Cat's got your tongue?" Meredith evilly laughed, you could tell she was enjoying this. "Oh shut up!" Addison growled back, trying to take deep breaths so her normal rosy colour would come back upon her cheeks instead of this new, dark crimson colour that exposed her true feelings way too much.

"Alright, alright" Meredith laughed, deciding to leave Addison alone for now. She enjoyed the sight of Addison being flustered but ultimately decided that if she does it too much, too often, Addison's reactions may start becoming less substantial, which would be less entertaining.

Meredith moved over and planted a kiss on Addison's lips. "I need to go home and get dressed, though" Meredith smiled when she pulled away, beginning to walk away. Addison scurried after Meredith, which was kind of a roles-reversed situation.

"Alright, but I'm driving" Addison said and Meredith nodded, "and I have to go to my house to get dressed as well" Addison nodded and Meredith laughed. "Oh? So I was wrong about your ready-on-the-go date night clothes?" Meredith asked jokingly and Addison laughed as well. "Of course you were wrong"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Meredith fought back, growling jokingly at Addison. They both laughed as they hopped into Addison's car, Meredith in the passenger's seat and Addison in the driver's seat. They were both super excited, but tried to hide it because neither of them wanted to seem to eager, they both just wanted to seem casual.

Because it was indeed, a casual date, and they had no need to get dressed up in their fanciest gowns in order to show off to one another; but they did anyways. When Meredith arrived home she ran upstairs and put on a black, long-sleeved, body-con dress that showed off her curves perfectly. Showing a small amount of cleavage also, but not too much.

Meredith put on a small amount of makeup and sprayed her favourite lavender perfume onto herself and grabbed her fancy bag from earlier that morning, throwing on a pair of black high heels and walking out of the house. She stared at the car and laughed as Addison's expression changed from nonchalant to oh my gosh.

Addison stared at Meredith in awe, she was so beautiful and Addison wondered if she could ever look that pretty herself. When Meredith got in the car they were both silent, neither of them knowing what to say.

Next stop was Addison's house, and when she got out she ran into the house in excitement. She has so many dresses that it was hard to pick, but she decided to settle on a navy blue dress. It had lace above her chest and instead of straps it hung on her neck. She put a small amount of makeup on just like Meredith had done and put on some crescent moon shaped earrings. She sprayed some perfume on herself and grabbed a bag which matched her outfit then walked out the door.

Meredith's reaction was the same as Addison's, nonchalant and then shocked from the other woman's beauty. Addison got in the car and Meredith basked in the scent of her perfume. "You look gorgeous" Meredith managed to utter and Addison blushed lightly. "You too" Addison responded. They were both really embarrassed and nervous now, even though the only thing that had changed between their last date and now was that tonight they would be drinking in slightly fancier clothes.