Is She A Nephilim?

Start from the beginning

“I have heard of a human child.” It spoke in a feminine voice. A voice that sounded like the cries of a thousand tortured souls. “She resides in Northview. Young, barely seventeen and –”

“Why should I be bothered with a human child? Is she seeking someone to grant her a wish?” He demanded.

“She isn’t. she however is a person of interest. She’s kind, sweet, Christian. She even prays for the redemption of the soul of the Devil as she believes you to simply be a misguided son of the Father.”

The man scoffed, but he still didn’t see why he should be burdened with thinking about the child.

“She is naïve then. Angels lack souls. We aren’t humans neither were we created like they were. I cannot be bothered with –”

“Yes Master, but she-”

He whipped around so fast; the demoness was caught off-guard. She tried to take a step back but she lacked the speed and agility her master had. He had her by her throat instantly and he yanked her off the ground. His anger flowed from him, causing his palm to brighten up and her skin to scorch.

“Did you just interrupt me?” His voice was calm as it always was, pleasing to the ears, but it caused terror all the same. The demoness shivered in fright as she let out an ear-splitting shriek the human ear couldn’t hear.

“I apologize. Please, pardon me. I just thought you’d be interested because the person who guards her is otherwise famous for defeating you during the riot.” The demoness managed to spit out between shrieks.

It did interest the man.

Like a flick of a lightbulb, his anger dissipated and was replaced with amusement and mild curiosity. He let go of the young demoness as the news she brought made up for her blatant disrespect. She fell to the ground as she coughed and winced at her scalded neck.

“Michael is acting as her Guardian Angel? How fascinating,” he mused aloud. “Why didn’t you lead with that and spare me the superfluous dialogue?”

“I apologize, Master,” the demoness cried as she bowed herself completely on the ground, but the man wasn’t impressed.

“When you are done kissing the earth, you will lead me to this child. She must be of importance if dearest brother wishes to care for her himself.”

The young demoness got up immediately, as though the ground was hot coal. Warily, she stepped towards the man and stretched out a shaky arm to him. He eyes her thin and frail arm, but he took it anyway and they both disappeared. His earlier companions completely faded from his mind as he let himself to be guided to the girl.

“That’s her house.” The demoness pointed at a two-storey building.

He stared at the house with mild fascination. He didn’t find it so repulsing to stare at, but he felt it could use a little more artistic touch. Then again, he knew humans had questionable taste in art and colour combination, so he said nothing.

Invincible to the human eye, he walked into the house, the closed door serving as no barrier to him. Behind him, the demoness followed.

He looked around the house in search for his brother. He was almost disappointed and wanted to walk further into the house in search of the girl, but then he saw the Angel who he hadn’t seen in eons hovering around the child and watching her as though she was the most precious thing on the planet.

He didn’t want to admit to himself, but beneath the intense loathing he felt for Michael, he missed him terribly. He was after all one of the most powerful and wisest Angels. He, Michael, Gabriel and Azrael had played together in their free time, before the population of humans increased drastically, and they tested their abilities on each other while Raphael sat close by in case his healing powers were requested.