Chapter 10- Dessert Before Dinner

Writer~San: Good morning/afternoon/evening! How are y'all doing? I'm doing good so far. I slept in today! Now I'm sorta awake so let's start the next chapter! ( ̄▽ ̄)
.
.

(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Hours~)

"Thank you Miss Toriel! This looks delicious!" I'm amazed by the pie she's made for us. The pie crust, the pie itself, even though it's supposedly tricky to make it all from scratch, it looks PERFECT! I think she said the flavor was cinnamon and butterscotch?

'No matter, I know it'll be amazing!'

She lets out a small laugh, "Try not to eat it all in one sitting or else you won't have any for tomorrow. You can bring the dish back anytime and I can make you another." Sans smiles and holds up his notebook, "Thanks again Tori." "It wasn't a problem at all. Be sure to send my greetings to your brother, Papyrus, as well." Toriel keeps her hands together in front of her.

Undyne smiles, showing all her really sharp fangs, "Come over and I'll prepare some tea next time!" I wave and smile back, "Sounds good. I look forward to it!"

Sans pulls on my sleeve, letting me know we had to go. I tell him, "Alright, I'm ready." I tighten my grip on the pie with one arm and grab his hand with the other. As he leads me through the doorway, we heard Undyne scream, "See ya later NERD!"

By the time I turn around, we're already back in Sans' neighborhood, the forests and cabin gone. I look down, Sans is staring at the ground as he takes a deep breath. He has one of those expressions that says 'I'm seriously gonna slap her one day.'

'Pff- Lol.'

It's getting dark so we have to use our phones as flashlights. Sans continued on the sidewalk, me walking by his side. I quietly tell him, "Thanks for taking me. The queen is nice and Undyne isn't so bad either. You have yourself a nice little group." He glances at me but doesn't say anything by means of his book. We approach the house, two of the windows are lit.

'The windows to the kitchen. Papyrus should be home, right?'

Sans opens the door and knocks on the wall twice. It didn't take us long to find Pap. Instead of him rushing around the kitchen, he's sleeping across one of the couches. Sans silently mouthed the word "oh" before closing the door behind us. He flicks a lamp on in the living room to give us some light.

I walk into the kitchen to set the pie down on the counter. When I come back to the living room, Papyrus is sitting up. Sans is standing in front of him, nudging his arm. "Oh, brother..! You're home." Papyrus definitely sounds wore out. I'm puzzled why Sans would wake him up in the first place.

I look around the room but that's when I heard the quietest voice, "Did ya eat?" It spooked the heck out of me and I whip around, looking for the source.

I must look so weird to Papyrus, who can see me searching the kitchen for a demon or serial killer. He looks back to Sans, "I haven't. I was supposed to cook dinner earlier. It was a busy day at work today, everyone was running around nonstop to wait tables. I came home and sat down for a minute..... I must've fallen asleep instead."

Sans looks towards me. I fling the pantry door open and jump out of the way. He's got his hands in his pockets as he walks over. Sans stares at me for a few seconds before peeking into the pantry. I nervously laugh, "Sorry, I just thought-"

'HOLD UP A FREAKING MINUTE!'

I cover over my mouth.

'There's no freaking way! WAs It?! GEEZ I thought Madi was joking around!'

I don't know why I'm freaking out so much about this. Was that Sans? There is no way Papyrus could've said that. There is NO ONE else in the house. Sans arches an eyebrow, looking confused and slightly worried as he exchanged glances between me and the pantry.

I'm beyond embarrassed, I turn away, "GIvE mE A moMEnT." I stand there for a minute take a deep breath, "Alright, I'm okay!" I turn back around to look at him. Sans is giving me the most smug expression, smiling as he waves at me. All I can imagine is that voice again.

'nOpE!'

I look away, squeaking, "I was wrong!" Sans steps in front of me, holding up his book while smiling at me teasingly, "Y/N, you don't think I have skeletons in the closet, do you?" I panic, "N-No! It's not that! It was nothing!"

My stomach growls and my eyes lock onto the pie a few feet away. I change the subjects four discussion by turning to Papyrus, "Hey Pap! How about we skip dinner and go straight to dessert?" Pap looks at me, still sitting on a couch, "I suppose, only for tonight."

'Nice! Pie for dinner!'

I spend the next minute slicing the pie into 6 slices, so that we can each have a slice today and tomorrow. I bring Papyrus a slice on a small plate and a fork. Sans takes a slice for himself. I get my piece and go sit on the opposite couch from Papyrus. Sans goes sit next to him.

I check my phone, it's almost 10 PM. Sans holds his book up to Papyrus, "Tori and Undyne say hi." "That's where you and the human ran off to?" Papyrus asked and Sans immediately nodded. I stay quiet as the two talk to each other. Sans had gotten his conversation book out for the both of them.

'This pie is SO GOOD!'

I don't want to stop eating it, it's sweet and warm flavor pleasing my taste buds. Sans takes a bite every now and then, taking breaks so he can write something on his book for Papyrus to read. I only know half of the conversation from what Papyrus is responding out loud, but I'm guessing they're talking about how their day went.

I was the first to finish my slice of pie, so I dug around in my backpack on the floor, looking for my pajamas.

'Time to settle down, I guess.'

Papyrus finishes his slice shortly after, he stands up, "I'm going to bed, goodnight Sans." He gives his brother a hug and Sans hugged back with no hesitation. He waves to me, "Goodnight Y/N!" I smile at him, still crouched down on the floor, "Night!"

He goes down the hall and seconds later I hear him close a door. Sans stares at me, still having half of his pie left. He holds up his conversation book, silently offering that we talk longer. I tell him, "Sure, but I would like to change first if that's ok."

He nods, "Bathroom is the first door on the right." "Thanks." I grab my pajamas, a simple T-shirt with some soft pants (or shorts) and walk down the hall. I also grab my toothbrush so I can brush my teeth before bed.

(~Small Time Skip~)

I step out, pulling my shirt down over my stomach. I peek into the living room, Sans is still on the couch, reading something in his conversation book.

"Hey Sans, I'm back." I say clearly. I don't want to accidentally startle him. He looks up and smirks at me. "I have one more thing to do first." I inform him, slipping my first pair of clothes into my bag. I pull out my marker from a small pocket and smile, showing it to him, "Got it."

He looks more excited as he scoots over and pats the spot next to him. I giggle, "I'm coming, I'm coming." I zip up my backpack and go sit next to him.

Writer~San: Late-night conversations are always the best for me. The hard part is finding someone that's willing to stay up with you lol. Well, that's the chapter for today! I MAY post another one later tonight, just because I got nothing to do. Please don't hate me if I end up changing my mind. My phone has 3% I hAvE To GO! *runs*