Chapter 5- A Deal?

(~Sans' POV + Time Skip~)

Papyrus gives me a slight warning, "Sans, I understand you're excited about making a new friend but you've barely touched your food." Y/N and I have been talking back and forth for a while. I'm aware that I've been more focused on that than on eating.

'I'm not hungry today. If that changes, I'll visit Grillby's later I guess.'

Y/N had already eaten half of her plate of food before politely declining to eat anymore. I'm surprised she was able to keep my bro's food down in the first place. She seems to be having a good time. Papyrus, however, is getting more worried.

He reaches towards my neck, "Brother, if you want that injury to heal-" Before he can finish, I harshly jerk my chair back, almost throwing myself onto the floor. Both Papyrus and Y/N flinch at my behavior, staring.

'Ah crud... I made a scene..'

Papyrus shuts down, quietly turning back to his plate, "Sorry."

'Dang it. Come on Sans, that was a little over the top. He was only trying to help...*sigh*'

I pull the collar of my shirt back up, hoping that the cracks in my neck aren't showing.

'It's not that bad...'

(~Your POV~)

'That was.. awkward.'

Sans stands up and rushes out. I turn to Papyrus, "Should someone um.. check on him?" "He won't let me. He's probably going to take one of his naps or sneak off to Grillby's. That's the only way my brother seems to deal with his emotions." Papyrus replies, a little annoyed. I groan, "I wish I could do that, sleep and eat at the cafe. I haven't gotten decent sleep in days and work keeps demanding all of my time."

"REALLY?! You haven't slept?! Why not?" Papyrus asks concerned, well, more like screamed. He raises his voice a lot depending on his emotions which startles me almost every time. I explain, "My home is being torn down and I only have a few days to find a new one." I nervously keep my hands in my lap. I look up and he has a worried look on his face, "It seems that we may be in a similar situation Miss Y/N. My brother lost his M.T.A license a while back so I'm struggling to keep the rights to this house. It's only a matter of time before we're forced out."

'Oh my god.. Sans doesn't have an M.T.A license? He's so kind so it must've been for an outrageous reason.'

Ever since the monsters came to live on the surface, corrupt humans decided to make their lives a whole lot harder. Something needed to be done before another war was started, so the M.T.A, also known as the "Monsters Trust Association" was started.

Every monster has to go through a test. Then, their LV, ATK, and DF levels are inspected along with their spawned magic weapons and tools. Finally, they have to be harshly interrogated. It's the ways of determining how dangerous a monster is and if they should be accepted into society. It really isn't fair but it's the law. If a monster passes all three, they get an M.T.A license. What it basically represents is that the monster is trustworthy enough to be treated respectfully, even though most aren't.

However, the laws are so strict here, that a monster's license could be taken away for any reason. I mean, if a monster even BREATHES on a person, it's taken offensively and the license is revoked.

'It's RIDICULOUS.'

It's put on record and after that, monsters without licenses are basically treated like criminals. They can never get accepted into getting a job, all of their rights are taken away, some businesses won't even let them in just because they don't have one.