013 ✧ 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘌𝘓!!! real dad and Alaric ...again

[SECOND P

[SECOND P.O.V: - W I T H J O H N -]

𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙:

"What is it? You know I will never judge you."

"I feel like you're more of my father than Grayson ever was so... would you mind if I called you dad?"

John went silent for three seconds before his face broke into a large smile and said, "oh of course honey! If that's how you want it to be then be it! and in exchange for that... I will tell you the truth."

Feigning ignorance, Ellie tilted her head and asked, "the truth, dad?"

"yes, the truth Honey."

A FEW MOMENTS OF FINALLY ORDERING FOOD THEN SITTING DOWN TO DISCUSS

"So what is that truth dad?"

John admits that he feels a lot better when she's calling him dad, it feels so nice and natural, he loves having her as his daughter.

"You see, we all have-" noticing her visible confusion at her face he explained, "me, Miranda, Grayson, Jenna, and all of your grandparents"

"We kept a secret from you and Jeremy."

"And what's that secret dad?" Ellie was being patient, he realized, she is letting him take his time and collect his thoughts, and for that he was grateful.

"You are adopted and I'm your real father."

Ellie stared for a moment, then blinked.

Once, twice, thrice then gave a small smile of her own and said, "that's fine dad, I'm not mad. I just kinda wish you told me sooner but I kinda knew this, you know?"

"I'm closer to you, and actually share features with you and not them, but no matter dad, I will always call Jer my brother and Miranda as mother."

Then she shrugged, "I don't care for Grayson anyway."

John smirked, yep, that is definitely his daughter.

But then John frowned as he remembered, "and none but Grayson and I actually know that I am your father."

"Oh! That's nice, I can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces as I call you dad." Then they both broke into light laughter, the night being a precious memory they will cherish forever.

─for a moment she forgot she knew all of this, too busy being loved to remember.

──────

In the next morning, there was a jab that jolted Ellie's brain and made her remember that her father is the only one that does not know the truth of her reincarnation so she sat down with him after breakfast and took a deep breath and put a bigger sound blocking spell around them.