Tiny steps toward the road of change

Start from the beginning

Tzuyu nods at her while saying, "I have talked to him quite a few times already. I often get splinters nowadays and he gives me the right antibiotics and ointments for it."

Momo makes a face upon hearing Tzuyu's frequent wounds. "Where do you get those? Doesn't it hurt a lot?" she asks, checking on the crewmate's hands and, indeed, open wounds that are being treated are found on them. "Where do get these? These are a lot."

"Well, it hurts, of course. But I just endure it. I have endured a lot of pain in the past so I can disregard this painful feeling," she tells the older crewmate while she also scrutinizes her hands. "I get it... randomly. I don't even know where these came from. Just when I feel such sting on my fingers, that's when I realize I got splinters all over my hand."

Momo looks at her, concerned. "So what would you like me to hand you over? I would have probably memorized all these things here," Tzuyu asks while rummaging at the shelves from the boy's place. "Should we switch places?" Momo asks out of the blue.

Tzuyu eyes her and furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You must have hurt yourself after working overnight to keep watch on Sana and Jihyo. You should invite Sana to sleep in the inn with you so you're not exposed outside, while I'll try to guard the captain while you're away," she suggests. Tzuyu can only let out a chortle. She shakes her head and replies, "If I would, Sana would disagree. She is guarding the captain, so she wouldn't want to stay away from this tent at all."

"Now what would you like me to hand you?" Tzuyu keeps returning the topic to Chaeyoung's medicine after Momo's attempt in letting Tzuyu agree to switch places for the younger's safety, but it seems like Tzuyu doesn't mind at all. Momo sighs and finally answers her question, "a medicine cream for cuts and a roll of gauze bandage, I guess."

"Your order's on the way," Tzuyu playfully says while she searches for the requested items around the shelves and the drawers.

Just as the two crewmates finally found the right items, Jihyo gets up from her bed and Chaeyoung arrives at the same time. With a smile that showcased her dimples, she greets both Tzuyu and Jihyo. Jihyo shows her a quick smile before her face returns to her usual poker face. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu notice this gesture while Momo is busy setting up the materials for Chaeyoung's cut.

Tzuyu gets out of her position from behind the counter where the boy usually stands. She walks past the captain and utters, "I'll wake Sana up so we can eat breakfast together." She then disappears inside the tent, leaving the three other crewmates outside. Momo greets Jihyo a good morning after seeing her walking to them.

"How was your sleep, captain?" Momo asks and sneakily hands Chaeyoung the bandage and the medicine as she stands next to the girl in front of the captain.

"It's better than ever," she nonchalantly answers and turns to Chaeyoung who has a roll of bandage in hand, "what happened to you?"

Chaeyoung awkwardly chuckles and glances at Momo before answering the captain. She puts her wounded hand up and shows Jihyo the cut that she got from helping in the kitchen yesterday. "Knife. In the kitchen," simple but concise, understandable for the captain.

"Oh. That seems to hurt a lot. Thanks for taking care of Chaeyoung, Momo," Jihyo says, her eyes fixated on the hand. "You should be careful next time, Chaeyoung," she adds, telling Chaeyoung in continuation. Momo finds it a little off, but Chaeyoung seems to forget about the unusual behavior of the captain as she's immersed with the caring words she's getting from the captain. With her smile never leaving her face, she eagerly nods at Jihyo's words.

"Okay, that's nice to see," Jihyo says after she has dictated all the safety reminders to the younger crewmate. "I'll go ahead and take my breakfast," she adds and leaves both Momo and Chaeyoung.