Fukurodani

The match started with Nekoma serving first, so they were off the bat on the defense. Ok, let's see how good this team and their ace is. Their libero received the ball and pretty boy setter ran towards it.

"AKAASHI!" yelled the frosted tip dude.

Their ace ran towards the net as pretty boy settle ball to him.

KA-BOOM!

I'm not joking when I say I felt the force of that spike from the sidelines. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as a shiver went through my entire being. Holy crap. Saying that was a powerful spike would be the understatement of the year.

The dude has got to be one of the most powerful spikers I've ever witnessed. I heard Coach laugh under his breath. "He isn't one of the top 5 aces of the nation for nothing."

"Really?? Top 5 in Japan?" my jaw dropped. In that moment, I must have looked straight stupid. My eyes followed number 4 and he must have felt it because he turned around at me and gave me a small smirk. But there was no ill intent behind it. It really just felt like he was saying cool right? I got more up my sleeve.

I looked over at our team and it looked like the spike shook them just a second before they regrouped and seemed ready to take on the challenge. Fukurodani may be strong, but our team is too.

The entire match wasn't a landslide win but it also wasn't such a close game, with Lev missing lots of sets. In the end, Fukurodani took the win by a good 7 points.

"Ok, everyone. Punishment for losing is sprints up the hill behind this gym, let's go!" Kuroo led.

I saw that hill while I was walking over earlier and it was pretty steep. I grabbed the bag of water bottles, knowing they'll probably need it after their sprints.

By the time our team's players got back down the hill, they were winded. They gratefully downed the water bottles and took a few moments to let their bodies rest.

"That was kind of brutal not gonna lie. Their #4 is insane," I said to Kuroo.

"Eh? Bokuto? He's aight. They just got lucky this time since we have our baby neko (Lev)," he replied.

"You know him personally? A friend?"

"Mmm, more like.. a frenemy. We have been doing practice matches and camps together for a while and we are good practice for each other," he said.

It's true that Kuroo read blocked a lot of Bokuto's spikes during the match. Frenemy I guess would not be a bad description of the two.

I turned towards the gym and scouted out Fukurodani's team. Bokuto wasn't as tall as Kuroo, but I could tell he was definitely built from probably years of training. A top player in Japan, huh? He was getting more and more intriguing.

"Hmm, is that a sparkle of, ahem, interest, ahem, I see in your eye?" Kuroo teased.

"HUH? I mean.. he's one of the top 5 aces and you know him, o-of course he's interesting but that's all. Psh.." I stutter.

"Uh-huh ok, sure," he chuckled. "I can introduce him later if you want."

"Oh yes, please do. Because, you know, I really am becoming a fan," I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

The remainder of the day Nekoma played the other teams, winning a majority of them. The match against Karasuno was definitely like no other match and I could tell Kenma was more excited than usual to play against Shoyo-kun. The kid could jump, and it definitely took me by surprise. A lot of their moves and plays weren't connecting but the whole point of this training camp was to get better at new things, right? They might end up being a force to contend with by the end of this week.