Camp Day 1

After all the players and the managers had settled into their respective rooms, it was lunchtime.

The managers from the 5 teams met up in the kitchen to start preparing curry rice and vegetables, an easy enough dish to make in bulk, even for someone who doesn't really like to cook like me.

I volunteered to cut the vegetables as it was an easy enough task that wouldn't compromise the taste of the meal. The other managers looked very focused and were working diligently, so I was also putting in all my effort.

The kitchen was a bustling machine working to make the final product and within an hour, it was ready to be served.

Yachi, Shimizu, and Yukie from Fukurodani served the plates to the players as each passed by the counter of the kitchen.

I wiped my sweaty brow and sat down at the far end to catch my breath. yikes, I could run 3 miles without being too winded but cooking was a whole other ball game. I couldn't do it, but the rest of the managers were total wife material, though they all seem to be strong, independent women who don't give no craps to any man.

Once all the players had come by to grab their food, us managers also got a plate and sat at an empty table.

"So, Y/N-san, how has it been being Nekoma's manager? It must be tough since there was no one before you to teach you the ropes!" said Kaori, the other Fukurodani manager.

"Actually it hasn't been too bad. It's all really straightforward. All I've been doing is making sure the boys are ready for each match, assisting during practice, and scheduling the occasional scrimmage. It's been enjoyable too. I actually used to play volleyball so sometimes I would join in on their practices!" I explain.

The other managers gasped and looked at me in awe. "wow, that's awesome! You actually join in?? My arms would break.. and my team is so rowdy, I sometimes can't get them to do anything I say, especially Bokuto-san our ace. He is just too free-spirited and simple minded."

We looked over at Bokuto from the other end of the room, just in time to see him sneeze. It was the frosted hair dude with the pretty friend.

"Haha, our team is compliant for the most part, right Yachi-san?" Shimizu added. Yachi nodded.

"Lucky.. my team.. ugh.. they can be a bunch of knuckleheads sometimes!" Kaori complained.

The whole table started giggling, drawing the attention of the boys at the neighboring tables. These girls are so fun! I'm really going to have a great time working with them.

FFF-WHEEE. The sound of a whistle drew attention to the doors of the cafeteria where the team coaches stood.

"Hope everyone got a good first meal. If you are all ready, let's get fired up and get on to the courts!" said Coach Nekomata.

"Yes, sir!" the room said in unison.

We rose and started to clean up the tables. While doing so, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, pinkU-san. Gambare. It's only Day 1, so don't get too tired, ok?"

"I'm going to be fine, Kuroo. Don't you know by now, I'm pretty freaking strong. It'll take more than some kitchen duties to tire me out," I reply.

He put his hands up in a sign of surrender. "Hey now, just watching out for our beloved manager. Good luck!"

"Good luck to you too. Try not to get crushed and embarrass me in front of my new manager friends!" I retort.

"Haha, I'm glad you're making friends. We won't let you down. Hopefully." he said with a smile. And off he went before I could say anything else.

I glared at the back of his head as he strut out.