Chapter seventeen

Scarlett's POV
There they were. The W.I.C.K.E.D berg beginning it's descent after that bitch betrayed us. I knew something was off about her. People started running in all different directions, as guards flooded out from the berg. I got separated from Shay, and nearly trampled. I then spotted Jorge and his jeep. Of course with it's trusty gun attached to the back. I quickly ran over, and jumped in the back.
"Scarlett you're okay! Here cover me while I get this thing loaded!"
He tossed me a hand gun and got back to work. I was firing at the W.I.C.K.E.D guards. I hit one square in the chest. I felt a pit in my stomach as he dropped to the ground, dead. But that feeling was soon overcome by the fact that I had no remorse for that guard. All they do is evil. I kept firing, until I heard the rapid fire of Jorge's gun behind me. People were going down left and right. The guards were starting to overpower everyone. And eventually they did.
They dragged us all to a group infront of the berg. I heard Minho whisper something to Thomas, but I couldn't hear. Then Ava Paige walked out. She Started speaking but I couldn't focus on what she was saying. I quickly scanned the crowd looking for Shay, Sonya or Harriet. I spotted the three of them down further, and he gave me a reassuring nod.
My attention quickly snapped back when I heard a gunshot. Mary had been shot. I watched her drop to the ground, and I gasped. Then I saw Teresa get up and join Ava. We all stared her down.
"I'm sorry Thomas. But it's for the greater good," She said in a hushed tone.
"Take that one too!" Ava yelled.
Before any of us could react, one of the guards tased Minho. He screamed in agony before falling to the ground. We all went to move, but the guards pointed their weapons at us. I felt one of them place it just below my chin.
"Come on!" Ava yelled. "If they don't want to join us, then that's their own loss!"
I stared down the guard before he moved the taser away from my neck. They all filed back into the berg, along with Minho and took off.
Everybody seemed too scared to move as if they might come back. I carefully stood up and walked over to Shay. He stood up too and pulled me into a tight hug. Everyone started to get up and go check on people. I stayed there, my face buried into Shay's chest worried about what might come next.

A few hours later, Newt, Thomas Harriet, Shay and I were all seated in a circle.
"We have to get Minho back," Newt said, breaking the silence.
"I second that," Thomas said.
I though about it for a moment.
"I still hate Minho with every bone in my body. But nobody should have to endure the tests, pain and torture W.I.C.K.E.D puts people through. So I'm in."
I felt Shay squeeze my shoulder sympathetically. Newt gave me a warm smile.
"So then what is our plan?" Thomas asked.
"No fucking clue," I replied.