Chapter eleven

Scarlett's POV:
We were running through the halls of W.I.C.K.E.D. No alarms were sounding, so I don't think they knew we were out. Us and Aris had escaped through the vent, and now we were on our way to get Teresa and get out of here.
"There she is! In that lab!" I heard Thomas yell.
We ran through the door and there were a few scientists there. They tried to fight back, but Thomas picked up a gun and aimed it at them. That made them back up. Thomas went over to Teresa and got her on feet. That's
when the alarms started blaring. The door we came in, closed and locked.
"What's your plan now Thomas!" I heard Newt yell. Thomas frantically looked around the room.
"The window."
Newt looked confused at first, but a look of understanding crossed his face. Both boys picked up a stool and smashed the glass window. We each climed over one by one. Once we were all out, we were sprinting down the hallway again.
"I'll be right back!" Aris yelled as he ran down a different corridor.
"Where are you going?"
But he was too far to hear me.
We kept going down another hallway. We turned the corner and ran down. It was the exit. But the door was locked. And the key card we had grabbed from one of the scientists back in the lab, wasn't working.
We turned around to go back, but the end of the corridor was blocked by guards. And Janson.
"Come on. You don't want to do this. You won't survive a a day out in the Scorch."
"I don't think we'd survive here much longer either," Thomas retorted.
Thomas started walking towards Janson holding up the gun.
"Woah there Thomas. You don't want to kill me."
Thomas scoffed. Before he could say anything, the door behind us jolted and started opening. Behind it was Aris.
"I told you I'd be right back!"
We all ran to join Aris, but Thomas was still holding the gun at Janson.
"Close those doors!" Janson barked at his guards. The doors began closing.
"Come on Thomas let's go!"
Thomas began slowly walking backwards. The door were already halfway closed.
"Thomas hurry up!"
Thomas took one last look at Janson. He threw the gun, and started sprinting towards us. The doors were almost completely closed. At the very the very last moment Thomas slid under the door. The door closed completely, and Aris smashed the keypad. Janson and his guards made it to the door, but couldn't open it. Thomas flipped them off, then we headed for the big door we came in when we first arrived. Aris quickly swiped the key card and the doors opened. We were immediately hit with a gust of wind, which picked up a bunch of sand. We started running into the night. Into the Scorch. Into whatever dangers we faced next.