NINE

Betty's POV

We walked in Pop's, I nervously tapped my fingers against my leg and looked around, the greasy smell filling my nose.

"Hey Smith" I heard and looked at Jughead. "It will be fine" he said and I nodded.

"Hi Tabitha Tate, right, can we ask you some questions?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah sure, about what?" "Lynette Fields" I said and her eyes widened. "You mean Sqeeky?" She asked and we nodded. "What's wrong with her?" She asked. "We believe that she is being held captive" Jughead said and I punched his shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for?" he asked rubbing his shoulder. "You couldn't have been a bit less straight forward" I growled and he rolled his eyes. "W-what do you mean, being held captive?" She asked. "We believe that she's kidnapped ma'am I'm so sorry" I said. Jughead and I said at the barstools. "Is she dead?" She asked.

"We don't know that, but I know one thing, we will catch this bastard" I said. "How is she going to survive this, most women get killed within the first 24 hours" she said and I saw the panic. "Hey, I know that that can happen, but your friend is strong, she'll get through, you have to stay strong, that is the only way" I said putting my hand on hers. "How do you that she'll survive, your just lying" she said. "Just, trust me on this one" I said staring into her deep brown eyes (babitha?).

"Miss Tate, if you are okay with it, we'd like to ask you some questions" Jughead said. "Yeah okay sure" she said. "When was the last you saw miss Fields?" Jug asked. "Last week, she said that she wanted to go back and live with her family in Ohio" Tabitha said. "That's the last time you heard of her?" I asked. "Yes." "Did she act suspiciously before she disappeared?" I asked. "No she acted normal." "Okay thank you for your time" Jughead said. "Please inform me when you know more" Tabitha said and we nodded. We got up and left.

"We should check with the family in Ohio" I said as we sat at our desks back at the station. "Good idea" he said before eating a chip. Always eating this man.

My phone rang and I saw that it was a unknown caller. I furrowed my eyebrows and answered. "Lizabeth Smith, who is this?" I asked. "Betty, is that you?" I heard and my heart froze.

"Polly, yes it's Betty, where are you?" I asked. "Betty you have to hurry, Lynette and I, we don't know how long we have" she said and I started to panic. "Polly do you know where you are, can you describe me something?" I asked.

"We are in a basement, and he put us in a hole or something, Betty be quick" she said and hung up. "I know where they are, God why haven't I thought about this before" I said. "Where are they, where did he bring them?" Jughead asked. "Where he took me to" I said looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Call the SWAT-team, tell them to go to Tombstone Quantico Virginia, the place of the case of the captivity of Agent Lizabeth Smith, tell them that we are already on our way, gear up Jug" I said and he looked at me in shock. "Now, Jughead" I said and he nodded.

(Tombstone is a real place, but in Arizona)

He was driving the car and there was a comfortable silence. "So, you were held captive by the same guy we are going after now?" He asked me and I turned my head away from the window. "Yeah" I said drily. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me. "No" I answered, and he sighed.

Suddenly I felt his hand on mine on my thigh. We both looked at each other before he had to look back at the road. "I think that you should" he said. "And why is that, agent Jones?" I asked. "Well, agent Smith, whatever you went through at that place with that disgusting man, it was probably pretty traumatic, so I want to make sure that you are alright once we arrive there" he said and I felt a blush creep up.

"Are you worried about me Jug?" I asked. "I am Betts" he responded. "Well, can't say that I'm not scared to go back to the place I want to forget about most" I said, finally letting him in. I felt him squeeze my hand a bit, lacing our fingers together.

"It was one of my first cases, I had a hunch and was so confident about knowing where he was, that I went there without a the team. When I arrived, the girl, Teresa, was already dead. Then he came and held me there for two weeks" I said and a tear slipped. "Betts" he whispered, rubbing my hand with his thumb. "I always wondered why he didn't kill me, I wish he did, multiple times, death was better then the torture and the future trauma I would get." "Then he escaped, and now more girls hurt, because of me" I said.

"Betty, it was your first case, everyone makes mistakes, you can't blame yourself, and for what it's worth, I'm happy that you didn't die" he said. "Jug, you're the first person I told about this, besides my therapist of course" I chuckled. "I'm happy that you trust me with this information" he said and I smile at him. "I trust you with my life, Jughead" I said and I saw him smile. "I trust you with mine too" he said. "Well, we have arrived agent Smith, are you ready?" He asked stopping the car. "With you by my side, always" I said and he nodded.

We both got out of the car, gear up and ready. We stood at the entrance, the SWAT-team also ready. "We will go first, and sent a message when you need to follow" Jughead said and they nodded. "Don't die on me" I said. "I promise, you don't die on me either" he said. "I promise."

Bughead blossoming y'all it's coming soon. Stay safe and healthy❤️❤️❤️