Chapter 13 ~ S.H.I.E.L.D

Start from the beginning

"Natasha Romanoff." She said bluntly before focusing her attention back to the screen. A little rude but she seems busy, so I'll let it slide.

"Theia Odinsdottir of Asgard." I pronounce proudly as Steve looks up at me smiling, which I returned.

I saw Loki emerge on the many screens around us before being locked in a large circular cell, the locks clicking behind him. The camera panned to a dark-skinned man who was bald and had a black eye patch on. I've met a lot of scary-looking and intimidating people in my life, but he might just top the list.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..." The floor below Loki's cell dropped revealing the clouds below. Loki looked over the edge, his face faltering a little, showing his fear. "It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? Ant." He gestured to Loki. "Boot." He pointed at the button that I'm guessing controlled whether Loki would plummet to his death, and actually die this time.

At this analogy, Loki began to chuckle as he strolled casually around the cell. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki stated knowingly.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." The man said sternly.

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man." Loki recalled as he turned to one of the cameras, almost looking us in the eye, even if he could actually see us. I didn't know what or who exactly they were talking about, but Natasha and Bruce shared a suspicious glance. "How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" He hissed at the man.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." The man threatened as Loki and him neared each other, still separated by the glass cell.

"Oooh, it burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And the to be reminded what real power is." Loki sneered at the man as his fluorescent blue eyes glared at the man's one eye.

The man smirked. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." He sassed as he walked out one of the doors leaving Loki alone. Loki walked towards one of the cameras and stared into it, knowing people watching would feel unnerved.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce half joked as he folded his arms over his chest, continuing to shuffle his feet anxiously.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, what's his play?" He asked Thor and I, his gaze lingering on me a little too long. I looked to Thor who was glaring at him, I nodded to him to answer Steve's question.

Thor folded an arm around his broad chest, resting his other arm on top of the other as he stroked his beard thoughtfully. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, we suspect, for the Tesseract." He explained confidently as a woman in a navy-blue suit and dark brown hair pulled into a neat bun, joined us around the table.

"An army... from outer space." Steve said trying to hide his nerves with sarcasm.

Bruce removed his glasses from his face. "So, he's building another portal? That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

Thor and I glanced at each other recognising the name of one of the kind people who helped Thor when he was banished here. This must be what Steve meant when he told me that Loki had compromised some of their own men.