🌙26|Flashbacks

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You're here too?" I turned to the operating room watching them as they took out the bullet. "I'm sorry about him. Janessa's seven year old daughter is here with her divorcee to talk to you."

When he moved aside, I saw a young man standing with a little girl by him. Running my hand through my hair in despair, I felt sorry for depriving her from her mother. It was my fault she died, and Adrian's also dying because of me.

When I saw them wearing all black, I could tell they just came from her burial service. I also missed that! "I guess this isn't the right time to talk?" I shook my head and directed him to a seat. The little girl's puffy eyes watched me in silence as I spoke.

"Janessa told me about you just a few days before she died. I thought I should see you first." I nodded and stared at the little girl with a light smile. "Did she tell you anything about the meeting we had that day?" He shook his head and sighed at his little daughter.

"We weren't really talking consistently before. I only knew she was looking for you and your mom for years now." After turning to the police officer with a nod, I glared at him with a bow.

"Please tell me as soon as possible if you find any copies of her hospital documents. It's really important to her That is the only way I can get justice for her."

He nodded and playfully rubbed his daughter's hair. "Any updates on the murderer?" The police officer sighed and returned a negative glare. "Not yet. We're still investigating that." Getting up, he shook his hand and stepped out with his daughter.

"I'll also get going. I'm not going to give up on this case too. It's my duty to protect the citizens. Call me when you have any news. I'll work on his case too." After a sharp nod, he walked out, leaving me alone. The doctor stepped out and called me over.

"How's he?" Sighing, he looked into my eyes. "He lost a lot of blood. We've been trying to keep him stable. If he makes it tonight, we can be positive then. But to be honest, he doesn't look good."

When he left me, I walked into the room rushing his side. His hands were as cold as ice. Sobbing, I remembered his last words. "Items?" I quickly threw all the books in my bag on the floor and looked through.

Amongst the things, I found her diary and a few other books with weird languages. With a deep breath, I opened one of them and read through. As I tried to read the language, I finally understood what it meant.

Trying the other books, I found one particular one talking about life share exchange, I gulped and closed my eyes, following the instructions carefully. Meditating over the words, I firmly shut my eyes and run my hands over each other three times. A faint light curled around my fingers as I started to unconsciously blurt out some words.

With a last run over, I placed my hand over his wound, making my eyes open wide with a bright light in my pupil. For minutes, I kept in this position. I felt a rush of energy over my left arm transferring into his body. After hearing the monitor beep positively, I took my hand off him.

My trembling eyes opened up as I my body loosened up But when I turned to him, he was still unconscious. I sat by him, crying and sulking, staring at him. "Please work," I muttered. After a moment, I heard him murmur, moving his head to and fro. "Max?" I muttered checking his adaptation on the monitor. A smile escaped my lips when he suddenly held my hand trying to talk.

"Are you o-okay? You didn't do it right?" I nodded wiping my tears with my hand, "You scared me. I thought I'd lost you!" I complained and hugged him.

"Ouchh," he winced in pain. Moving up, I laughed slightly. "Sorry. I forgot," Breathing heavily, he moved his eyes to the books on the floor. "Oh those? I was looking for mom's diary." I quickly grouped them into my bag and smiled at him.

He'd feel guilty if I told him I found the items he was asking for. I just need to make sure he doesn't get the spell books.

"About two days ago, I can explain," he started so I positioned the pillow to his comfort. Sighing, I covered his mouth with my hand and shook my head,"Let's not talk about that now. You should get well first."

Shaking his head, he tried to sit up properly. "I saved you a year ago because I knew you were the student I saw in the hallway on my first day. I started schooling there because I managed to track Ian's whereabouts there. I didn't tell you because I wasn't too sure. But involving you in it could out you in danger if he was actually there.

I only confirmed this a week ago. I saw him talking to the principal. But that was around the full moon season. I couldn't do anything then. I overheard them saying something about you being a witch." Coughing in between his words, I quickly poured water in a glass and assisted him to drink up.

"After getting back, that's when I tried to tell you about everything. Have you found what he was asking for?" I nodded and turned to the door. "He wants my mom's spell books." Falling back onnthr bed, he pursed his lips. "Spell books?" he echoed while looking around.

"Yeah. I don't know what's he wants them for. Oh right. Cam you read this language on my mom's diary?" As I turned to my bag to take the diary out, he sat properly on the bed waiting for me. After taking it from me, he read the first letters on the front page.

"One pearl can open the book of truth," he recited holding the diary with furrowed eyebrows. Pearl? My eyes widened when I remembered the switch I found on the pearl on mom's necklace.

"Yes! the necklace she gave me. Where is it?" After running my fingers through the bag, I jerked my hand up with a smile. Dislocating the pearl from the necklace, I fixed it in the hole in mom's diary.

I quickly opened while a bright light emitting from the book. It flipped on its own and paused at a part getting to the middle. Watching the language, I could understand. Its language was intense so I handed it to Max to read for me.

I Laura Dickson have one lovely daughter and another on its way, and a perfect husband. Working as a doctor, everything turns upside down when Ian finds us. He kidnaps Cathy. We search for her in every town but we couldn't find her.

Lucas, my husband being a werewolf is hunted by Ian. Because according to the prophecy years ago, a girl from our family line would destroy him. That is the reason we all hid in secrecy for years. He killed my mother and when he realized it wasn't her he came for me.

But he realized that I wasn't the one, but one of my children. Exactly 23rd June, 2008, he came back telling us that Catherine isn't the one and demands for Clara. Lucas helped me escape with Clara, who was about 8 months then. "Where's she?!" Ian announced shooting at us as we run out of the house. The glass windows broke and clashed in the air.

"Oh there she is!" He sighed moving closer. Lucas stood in front moving out to fight him. "Go!" he yelled towards me. Nodding hesitantly, I run into the woods with Clara in my hands. I stopped running to check if he was behind me as he promised but he wasn't.

"Lucas," I called out looking around. "In case I don't come back take care of Clara..and you too." A tear trickled down my face when I remembered this. Clara started crying so I had to soothe her and ran away.

Comment 🌺 Vote 🌺 Share