🌙28|Distinctions

With a deep breath, I saw other students marching along the hallways. Biting my lips, I looked around for a safe spot to talk about this. After locating a seat outside by the garden, I grabbed her hand and pulled het along with me.

She followed willingly but I could still see a tinge of curiosity and anxiousness in her eyes. I had to tell her the truth now and prevent Ian from misleading her. It's no wonder I saw Ian talking to her rather personally.

When I got to a bench, I let go of her hand and pointed to the bench. "No one's here. We can talk now," I exclaimed taking a seat. She glared around in hesitation making me look up. "I'm not going to bully you like others with this. Please take a seat." As she bit her lips in contemplation, she finally nodded and sat beside me

I looked up to the beautiful scenery. It was winter so the trees had gathered enough snow on their branches. Falling on the floor, the bundles of snow splashed over my feet. I moved my body from that spot and sighed. "It's no wonder no one sits here during this period."

When her hands turned fidgety, her lips tend to fold too as she took a quick glimpse at me. "I have yet to ask you a question," she added. Turning to her quickly, the snow fell from the skies.

"Why did you always defend me and try to talk to me? Do you have an agenda for it?" Scoffing, I sighed at her question. "Agenda? At this point in my life when I'm blamed for deaths I have nothing to do with, I don't have to make such agendas. It was genuine, because I was once like you when I was little."

After noticing the confusion in her eyes, I threw my back onnthr bench breathing in the cold air. "For being an indoor girl. They used to say I was a jinx. Moreover, I never attended my own graduations. Everything worsened when they found out I was without a father."

Blinking her eyes, she turned to me the more curious as to why I was talking to her about my private life. Looking into the air, I could remember the coffees and dirt my old classmates poured on me almost every day of school. Squeezing myself at a corner after every session was all I could do.

At most, I'll try to befriend them, even if I had to kneel in front of them or pay to stay in their clubs.

Sighing, I turned to her with a light smile. "You're wondering why I'm telling you all this?" She nodded and looked into my eyes for the first time ever since I started this school.

"That was before. I saw myself in you. For now, I just found out you're my sister." Saying this, her eyes widened in shock. Staring bluntly at me, I pursed my lips and adjusted my coat to keep warm. As I played with my legs, I continued talking.

"Yeah. I know Ian's your father on papers and Max's your adoptive brother too. Haven't you ever looked for your real parents?"

"Did Max tell you?" I shook my head and stopped playing with my legs. "He didn't have to. I know and it's partly because of me he took you." After taking a deep breath, I turned to her again with a light smile. "You still remember your parents' names right?"

Furrowing her eyebrows, she retorted, "Dickson. It's Dickson." With a chuckle, I tapped her palm. "That's my surname too. I have your childhood picture because I found them in my mom's things. Ian kidnapped you mistaking your energy for mine.

When he found out that you were not the one, he came searching for me. Dad died trying to save mom and I. I never met him. For mom, Ian found her while I stepped out for the first time. He killed her too."

She remained silent, processing the bitter revelation she just heard from me. "Don't you remember anything?" I said.

"Do you have these too?" I added. Pulling out a necklace from my pocket, I hanged it in the air for her to see. Just at a flash glimpse of it, she moved her head away, holding the back of her head in pain. "Catherine? Are you okay?" She shook her head and clung to the back of her head wincing.