🌙18|Slides

Glaring bluntly at the picture in the album, my eyes began to waver.  "Daughter? My parents had another daughter?" I yelled looking at the pictures all over again to assure myself I hadn't seen wrong.

Just as I expected, I wasn't seeing wrong. With a picture of a year old girl in my hands, I looked up in hesitation. I had a sister whom I didn't know of? Where was she? Why isn't she with me? What happened to her and why did they keep this from me?

 Breathing heavily, I got up and dragged the drawer backwards before pushing all the pictures in it on the floor. In no time, I managed to take out everything. As the pictures laud scattered in front of me, I sat on the floor and started to look through for more information.

After looking through almost all of them, I only found pictures of me and mom. With a heavy sigh, my hands fell over a picture lying right under the drawer. Rushing to pull it out, I stared at an old picture of a man. It was only after looking at the name attached to the edge that I knew who it was.

It was my dad. It was the very first time I had a glimpse of how my father looked. Mom never placed his pictures in frames. In fact, she kept all the pictures to herself. She'd pick an excuse everytime I asked her for my dad's picture.

He was smiling so much waving to the camera. With his blue turquoise eyes, his jaw lined up with his perfect teeth as he smiled. But when I looked at his outfit, I couldn't believe my eyes. He had the same outfit of the hospital mom also worked in.

With his name tag, I found out his name too. It was Lucas Dickson. It was clear to me now. Both of them worked in the same hospital in the city. Why did she have to lie about his occupation too?

Pursing my lips, I turned to my picture in the mess and picked her picture too. After glancing at my picture together with hers, I realized something. Although we resembled each other thorough, pointed nose, black long curly hair, our eye colors were different.

  I had green eyes like mom but she had turquoise eyes like dad. Unable to keep up with the confusion in my head, I packed all these pictures into my bag including the documents about her. I needed to check that hospital. They might have information about my mom and dad at least.

Throwing myself on the chair, I looked up into the window and turned to a pile of slides on my phone. Due to my messed up life, I forgot to even study. After pulling out some notebooks, I dumped them on the table and started reading. After a few minutes, I dozed off and slept on the table.

When the sun rose, my eyes fluttered from the burning light. Rubbing my eyes, I turned to the books in front of me. As I looked up, a scream escaped my lips at the time on the wall clock.

I'm late! Dragging the books into my bag, I rushed to the washroom to get ready. As I hopped on a toe to fix my boots on, I raised my hands to toe my hair up. I quickly scurried for the house keys and placed my bag behind me, running over for a taxi.

  Immediately it stopped at the entrance to Beverly Hills, I stepped out and run towards the entrance. "Get ready for class," the alarm went off as I walked along the hallway. It was snowy today so I took along my hoodie with white boots and a long coat. At the end of the hall, I saw Tricia waving to me.

"Coming!" I yelled dumping the books from yesterday into my locker. Speeding my pace, I met up with Tricia and Jess in no time. Tricia's eyes fell when she saw me. "Clara, about yesterday," Tricia started blocking my way with her arms.

"You don't have to go. They'll just out the blame on you. We believe you." Turning the principal's office, I ignored her and walked away. Dropping my bag on a desk by them, I began running. "Clara!" I walked to the principal's office quickly looking away from the murmuring crowd.