🌙12| Swift escape

Switching my phone off in an instant, he also did the same and turned to me with a sigh. "Are you sure about this?" With a chuckle, I snapped his shoulder and laughed slightly. "Are you asking yourself that question? Scared already?" He quickly rolled his eyes and pulled me behind when the security guard moved forward.

I dumped my head against the wall and took in a deep breath. Turning to me, he scoffed. "I guess it was the other way round." When I opened my eyes, he turned away and let out a laugh.

"I'm not scared! Since when did you know how to laugh anyway?" He didn't respond this time and kept quiet. I chuckled and dropped my phone in my bag about to leave. "Wait for me," he said while walking beside me. I stopped by the hall and threw critical gazes around for his presence before twirling to him with a large smile.

We waited for hours for the security guard. I spotted him standing by a walk holding his eyes from closing. After tapping his shoulder, I began walking into that records room. He was dozing off after all. This was the best chance I would get to sneak in.

After he nodded, we sneaked into the room and closed the door behind us. After rolling the opaque curtains down, I looked around for the switch since it was dark. My eyes closed when I suddenly felt a spark lightening the room. "Done! What are you searching for?"

I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes angrily. Staring at him, I found him standing five feet from me with two lighted rechargable torches in his hands. "Couldn't you have warned me first?" Twisting his head slightly, he lifted the torched and pointed it right into my face. As my arms moved up to shade my eyes, he shook his head and threw it at me.

I halfway managed to receive it in the air before I turned to him curiously. "So what are you looking for? Two hands make work better," he said exposing a smile on his face. Even though I wanted to pour out my anger on him, the smile on his face made my eyes waver.

  "Suit yourself. I'm going in first." Flickering, my eyes traced his movements as he made his way towards the shelves. Shaking my head, I looked away in thoughts. "1996 registry. Tell me if you locate my name." He stopped in front of me behind one of the shelves and questioned immediately after I said that.

  "What's your name?" I threw a book in his face and walked to the other shelf. Laughing, he sighed and started looking through the dates with his torch. I lifted the torch and run the light over each and every shelf from the entrance with the light.

Walking along the shelves, I glared around cautiously so as not to miss any single detail. According to where I was at the moment, I guess the other past years would be in front, exactly where Adrian was. Sighing, I curved by the end and walked towards there with my torch facing the floor.

  "1996," I said running my hands over the books from that edge. My eyes soared in the middle when I saw that date. Excited, I placed the torch in my free hand and sighed. But it was difficult to access the document as it was high. Raising my feet, I stretched out my hand to pick it up. I could feel blood rushing down as I lifted my head to much.

  I moved my hand up and tried to get it. But my heart began to race when I felt someone standing behind me. Turning around with my eyes shaking, I stood still when I saw Adrian standing so close to me. As my eyes widened, he looked away and took the document from the top. Turning to me, he extended the document to me.

  "1996 right?" he asked while crossing his arms. I couldn't talk much with him so close to me. I quickly gave a sharp nod and looked down breathing heavily. He checked through each document in it and moved back.

But he couldn't find mine in there. "M-Mine has two names. There's another Morrison who enrolled with me that day." He nodded and passed it to me after locating my name. "Dickson, here" Adrian said before pointing to the other side of the document. I rushed over for it and pulled it out.