It Was About Time

Allura laid on the hospital bed, having just had surgery on her calf where she was shot. Lotor had been taken away and all of Team Voltron, Adam, and the doctors, including Anne were in the room with her. They all asked her questions. "Allura, does it hurt? Did the medicine work-GASP did you take you're meds? Why are you looking at me like that?" Allura sighed and smiled, blushing at how the others cared," Thank you, everyone but I'm fine really." Lance went up to her and grabbed her hands, caring for his childhood best friend. "Are you sure?Man, Allura. I was so worried, I don't know what I would do without you! You've always been one of my best friends."

Keith felt something stab him in the heart. He looked away, trying not to see Allura. He grit his teeth and crossed his arms. Allura smirked and put on a facade. She started blushing,"O-Oh! Lance, thank you! Actually, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time now." Allura glanced at Keith, who looked at her in shock as Team Voltron knew what she was doing. He started to walk towards her, to try to stop her but Shiro held him back. Allura blushed harder and looked at her friends,"Can I talk to Lance privately?" Lance faced showed panic, as he didn't want to hurt his best friends feelings by rejecting her but he didn't feel that way. Keith clenched his fists and stormed out the door. Pidge looked behind her as she walked out and Allura winked at her. Pidge grinned and closed the door. Lancce scratched the back of his neck nervously,"Look, Allura...I don't know if this is what you mean but I don't like you that wa-"

SLAP.

Allura growled, and Lance covered his cheek, whining."Lance, I don't like you that way. This is about your obvious crush on Keith! Literally everyone know except, Keith and Anne-which I sorta feel bad for because her crush on Keith is really obvious. Too bad he's gay for you." Lance gaped at her in amazement,"You put up an act to get them out of the room and tell me this? Allura, I might like Keith but he shows no interest! I'm not ready for rejection..."Lance looked sadly at the floor,"Besides...He must be hurting after Shiro revealed he was dating Adam." Allura almost slapped him again,"Lance, Keith and Shiro are adopted brothers. And Keith knew they were dating." Lance mouth dropped to the floor,"You're kidding right? Even so, Keith hates me!" Allura smiled at him sweetly, covering her frustration perfectly. "Lance, didn't you ever think that Keith was nervous? When he thinks no ones looking at him, he looks at your like your his world. You're the only who doesn't notice." Allura coughed,"Except Anne. Poor thing."

Lance blushed,"You might be wrong or right, I don't know." Allura scoffed."But I know, I don't want to wait any longer. I'm gonna tell him now how I feel! Allura! I gotta g-"

Allura smiled proudly,"Yeah I know, go get 'em, Loverboy." Lance ran out the door.

                                                         ~⚔️~

Keith stood under the stars, reminding him of Lance's beautiful freckles. He was hiding behind a pillar and looked down and clenched his fists. Red purred under him.They're probably already dating. I just...have to be happy for them. He sighed and heard footsteps behind him.

"Hey Keith."

Keith turned around and his eyes widened. It was Anne. Anne had been looking for him after she saw Allura get all flustered around Lance, though it looked fake especially since she saw her wink at Pidge. She had gotten determined and decided to tell Keith. She blushed when Keith smiled at her...sadly though. "Hey Anne. What's up?" Anne fiddled with her pink dress. "I saw you in the med bay, and you looked a little upset. Were you worried for Allura? That's really sweet." Anne hoped her confession would cheer him up and they'd be together. Keith chuckled,"Of course I was worried. But it wasn't that. It was her....expression. When Lance held her like that....how flustered she was." Anne was very confused,"You were upset because of that? Why?" Keith bit his lip,"There's someone I really like. A lot. Romantically." Anne's heart raced,"Really? Why are you mentioning that right now to me." She got closer and looked up at him shyly. Keith didn't notice when she started to lean in. It was about time,she thought.