Lance's Dreaded Future

Warning: Langst----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith was nervous as he was in a place he knew. He's been through Lance's childhood, teen years, and the present. Now it was the futures Lance wanted and didn't want. What was it that Lance didn't want? What did he want? Keith's head buzzed with questions as he saw himself, Lance, Shiro, Pidge, Hunk, and Allura in the living room. Everyone surrounded Lance with their arms crossed and glares that could kill. Shiro spoke up,"Lance, what you did in the mission was stupid and uncalled for. I don't understand why you would do something so dumb." Pidge scoffed,"Please, it's Lance, of course he would. That's all he is, dumb and stupid." Keith's heart tore as he heard himself talk,"Not only that but worthless and useless. What other thing do you do than that? Right, guys?" Everyone nodded in agreement as Lance trembled,"Hunk, please tell me you don't think that way." Hunk rolled his eyes,"Lance, of course I do. Did you really think I was your buddy? Your friend? Please, I'm not stupid unlike you I would never really befriend you." Lance pleaded with Allura,"'Lura you don't think like that do you? You don't think I'm worthless?" He reached his hand out to her, but she slapped it away,"Don't call me that! I don't know why I let you join Team Voltron! Shiro should've knocked some sense into me." Lance flinched,"But you loved being called 'Lura..." Allura scoffed and Lotor came up behind her,"I only let my friends call me that. You are no friend of mine. Lotor, come on." Lotor took her hand,"Of course, 'Lura.' He said, smirking at Lance.

Pidge stuck her tongue out at Lance and walked away. Hunk turned from him,"Hunk.." Hunk didn't turn back. Shiro crossed his arms and kicked Lance unto the floor. "Bye, useless." Lance groaned in pain as he saw a hand reach out to him. It was Keith, with a sincere smile on his face. Lance smiled back and grabbed his hand. Keith's smile drifted off and he pushed Lance against the wall. "Listen here Lance. I really really don't like you. I'm not gonna be Mr. Nice guy with you. I hate you and I wish you were never born." 

Keith wanted to run to Lance and tell him that's not what he thought. He wanted to tell him he loved with his entire heart and hold him forever, that he wasn't useless or worthless or any of the things the team said to him. Alternate Keith smirked and leaned into Lance's ear as he said something Keith could make out. Lance's eyes widened as tears fell. Keith let go of him and walked away, proud of what he did. Lance collapsed on the floor, clutching his chest. The words Keith whispered to him ringed in his ears. Even though this Lance wasn't real and none of this was real...the words ringed in this Lance's ears, killing him. "And I will never love you, you idiot." 

 Real Keith tried to run to him. But he was stuck, glued to nothing. Tears fell from Keith's eyes as he watched Lance eyes lose their beautiful sparkle. Dull and lifeless eyes turned to Keith with pain as their only emotion. Keith now knew what Lance dreaded most. Rejection and Hate.