"i was 17 when my father arranged me to marry your father," your mother proceeded to explain in a heartbreaking toned voice. "and i didn't want to marry him, i was already in love with somebody else i thought i could be with. and because of that i hated your grandfather and i also hated your father. everyday i tried to act terrible towards him but no matter what, we still married. i tried to love him and i did, but now.. i'm starting to regret everything once again."

"mom.." you only muttered out when processing everything she confessed.

"i.. i couldn't be with the person i wanted to be with," your mother spoke, tears yet again forming in her eyes. "so when your father announced your arranged marriage with the son of the braun family, i freaked out and told him not to because i didn't want you to be with someone who you didn't love. i didn't want my daughter to go through the same thing i went through!"

you didn't know why your mother was suddenly spilling all of this out to you, it was all a complete shock and you didn't know how to react at all. it pained you to listen and you felt like crying just as your mother began to weep, but you held everything back.

"i'm sorry, maybe i shouldn't have said anything. it all just came out because of how emotional i became because of your father," your mother said, chuckling lightly and wiped away the tears that were forming and streaming down her face. "i'm sorry that you have to see me like this."

"no mom.. it's okay," you said with a frown. you had never seen your mother cry this much, she always had a big warm smile on your face and she never seemed to be the type to cry though she was a gentle and laidback person.

"(y/n) i want to ask you something," your mother said after she finished calming herself down. you sat up a bit from her words, wondering what she wanted to ask. "do you love reiner?"

the question made you silent for that moment but you answered, "no."

𖤐

eren didn't end up calling nor messaging anything that whole day, which left you feeling in complete emptiness. every time your phone lit up and buzzed, you immediately reached for it and checked if it was eren. but no matter how many times you looked, he didn't send anything. you were considering sending him the first message or call, but hesitated. you frowned when checking how late it already was.

you wanted to know if eren was alright, if his mother was alright. it was 12:34 in the morning and you were about to give up and just fall asleep when your phone lit up. the screen revealing that eren was calling, something in you felt relieved and you quickly answered the call.

"eren!" you happily said after picking up.

"hey.. i apologize, did i disturb your sleep?" the male questioned, he sounded absolutely exhausted and as if he had spent hours sobbing. you frowned, but answered no to his question. "that's good, but why are you still up?"

"i.. couldn't sleep," you said, not really knowing what to say to his added question. "and why did you call me?"

"i just wanted to hear your voice," eren answered, in which made you blush and a smile returned to your lips.

"is everything okay though? with your mother and all?" you brought up the question when it became silent again.

"yeah," eren responded and it became silent again. you didn't know what to say, you would ask what happened but you felt like eren didn't want to answer that question. you were about to say something when eren beat you to it, saying, "let's just stay on the phone like this, we don't have to talk. just knowing you're there on the other side of the phone makes me feel better."