reiner was quite oblivious himself. his attention was still on historia, his own work issues and he barely realized that your visits to his office had become less frequent than before. reiner didn't seem to mind nor care either way, he had historia and she was all he needed.

though, historia slowly began to catch feelings for somebody else.

it was another normal sunny day in berlin, you were getting ready to meet up with eren for another day out. when going to see him, you usually took your mother's car since she rarely ever used it and your father hired a personal driver for your family.

today's date choice was the aquarium, eren told you that they had remodeled the entire building and sent in new ocean animals for guests to see. there was also an underground water ride for the aquarium where sharks and other sea animals roamed in and the male had bought special vip passes for the both of you. the thought was strolling through an aquarium with eren made it feel enliven.

you were making your way down to the first floor of your home while pulling out the keys to your mother's car. just when you stepped foot on the first floor, your mother suddenly appeared causing you to become startled and almost dropping the keys.

"you're going out again?" your mother questioned, looking at you up and down.

you nodded your head as a quick answer before speaking, "my friends and i are going to the aquarium in the city, i heard it had been remolded and a water ride was added to the place." you began explaining to your mother with a smile on your face, though the my friends part was a complete lie.

your mother smiled also, nodding her head. "sounds like fun darling, but make sure to come home as soon as possible. remember it's your father's birthday," your mother reminded, making your heart pace.

to be honest, you had forgotten about your father's birthday. it indeed was today and you hadn't prepare any gift for him, you hesitated but decided to pick something up on the way back home later that day.

"yeah, i'll be back home as soon as i can," you responded still keeping your smile before making your way out of the house but stopped midway when stepping out of the house, "what are the plans for dad's birthday?"

"i decided to cook a birthday feast for his birthday," your mother blushed and you noticed an apron wrapped around her body. your mother had never cooked a meal in a while but either way, you couldn't wait to eat your mother's meals again. "i'll cook your favorite dishes too darling," she added.

"thanks mom, but you don't have to, it's dad's birthday," you said but your mother shook her head.

"this is my first time cooking in a while, better use this time," she said with a little chuckle, "okay darling, go on now. have fun at the aquarium."

"i will, bye mom!" you said, giving her a small wave before fully exiting your home and shutting the huge front entrance doors behind you. you retreated to the parked car in the drive way, unlocking it and getting in.

you started the car, adjusting the drivers seat and the rearview mirror before began to drive off. you turned on your favorite tunes, jamming out to them like you always did whenever you were alone in the car.

𖤐