"let's eat," eren said with a smile.

dinner ended up being silent mostly, eren didn't know what to say and you didn't know what to say, you both just kept exchanging glances. the beef soup and rolled omelettes were expectedly succulent and delish, you praised eren for them and he just blushed thanking you.

eren suggested to play a movie while eating and you both moved to the living room that was beside of the kitchen. the space of the living room was quite capacious and the whole area was neatly organized. a huge screen tv was attached to the wall and there were huge windows that viewed out to the backyard.

your eyes were focused on the afternoon scenery of the backyard but your thoughts were snapped away once you felt eren reach for your wrist to gently grasp his hand around it. his touch made you feel warm and you turned around to look at him.

"you okay?" he questioned, his eyes were full of concern and he tried not to frown but it just ended up showing. you nodded your head, indicating that you were fine and his frown quickly faded to a smile.

eren led you to the large comfortable couch that faced the tv, you both sat down and eren began to browse through the available movies he was able to play on the tv. he didn't know what to play as he didn't want to put on a movie that you wouldn't enjoy.

"horror movie?" eren questioned, turning to look at you for an answer.

"sure, why not," you answered and gave him a glance. you enjoyed horror movies, despite getting the feeling of fear from scenes, you still enjoyed watching them.

eren contemplated on which horror movie to play, he nearly seen most of the recommended ones and he didn't know if you have ever saw any of those. so he picked one that he quite enjoyed which was the conjuring.

you have seen the movie before with your friends, so you knew the events of the movie and wouldn't embarrass yourself in front of eren.

"have you seen this movie?" eren asked as the movie had began and quickly paused it.

"i have," you answered, "but don't worry, we can watch it! it's been a while since i've seen this movie, it'll be nice to watch it again."

eren nodded his head, resuming the play button and you both relaxed your bodies against the couch whilst eating your beef soup and rolled omelettes. eren's knee was lightly brushing against yours, you didn't seem to mind and you noticed that he had scooted closer to you whenever suspenseful scenes appeared on the screen from the movie.

suddenly the sky got dark and the window was being smacked by pouring rain. the loud sounds of the rain made the mood feel more intense and eren had already turned on every single light in the kitchen and living room to ease the tension.

thunder roared in the dark clouds, making both you and eren jump from the sudden sound. you both felt each other's body jerk up and exchanged glances right after that, laughing softly before focusing back onto the movie.

"oh my god, i know what happens but i don't want to look," eren admitted as he placed down his bowl of beef soup and covered his eyes with both of his hands. he slightly peeked his eyes through the cracks between his fingers, "is it over yet?"

"eren, the scene just started," you said, placing your hand on his shoulder. you cleared your throat, trying to keep your expression calm throughout the scene that was currently playing on the screen.