The acts of kindness.

Mr. Barber rang you on early Saturday morning and arranged the meeting with you on Monday a week after. You were glad Henry helped you with the custody case. You didn't know how you ever going to re-pay him. Since that horrible day when you have received the letter from your ex-husband, you couldn't sleep. Henry was waking up to calm you down, but then when he needed to leave to work, you couldn't sleep without him. You have officially moved to Henry's house. Henry insisted to move you in as soon as possible, giving you the physical and emotional support that you really needed, especially after the paparazzi discovered your identity.

Even though you were under big stress, you wanted to cherish and celebrate this moment of moving in together as it was one of the big steps in your relationship. You didn't have much money so you decided to do the small acts of kindness to Henry, showing him love and adoration. You have started with smiley faces on his pancakes for the breakfast, placing printouts of funny memes into his wallet, always making sure he has clean t-shirts and snacks when he is going to work.

Henry was over the moon that you and your son had finally moved in. You brought the best of him every day, you kept him sane. He finally has something to come back home to. Henry could see the dark circles under your eyes. He really wanted to do something for you, which will bring a peace and smile to your face. These small acts of kindness you are doing every day? His heart melted and he even cried once when he found the love letter from you during his lunch break.

It was Monday and time to meet Andrew Barber. You were glad that the time has come to discuss a case and get some clarity on what might be expected. The meeting was arranged at the small French café, hoping it won't be crowded and no one will take a picture of Henry. You have arrived with Henry a few minutes early surprised, Andy was already waiting for you. Andy greed you with a warm smile kissing your hand like an old gentleman. You felt your cheeks burning. Henry didn't notice your redness only laughed and told Andy:

"Forget it man, she is mine."

You ordered your drinks and started a meeting. Everything was straightforward, there is no reason why the judge would give custody of your son to your ex-husband. Even though there is 80% that you will win, it is still a stressful situation to go to court and be interviewed like you were a criminal. The meeting has ended, Henry excused himself to go to the bar and pay for the drinks. Andy quickly pulled out a business card with his private phone number from his wallet and handed it over to you. He kept the little card longer in his hand, didn't want to release it, making you look at him.

"You are an extraordinary woman Y/N. Please keep my number. Whatever will happen, even after the case, please know, you can come to me for help. I will take care of you. "

After his statement, Andy let you take the card. You felt uncomfortable after these words. This is the last thing you need now- a new admirer. You thank him and left to see Henry.

The drive home was quiet. You were very tired, was dreaming about the bed. Henry noticed this and came up with a brilliant idea. Just a mile from your home, he took a different turn and drove in an unknown direction.

You looked at him and he had a mischievous smile.

"Relax love, I want to show you something." You nodded and smile for the first time in over a week.

Henry parked in front of the old Christmas tree farm, which is now converted into a fair. He hoped that the memory of your first meeting will bring you joy.

You were at the edge of happy tears. Your man can always read you like a book and come up with ideas to comfort you when you really need it.

You gave him a peck on his lips and place a fake glasses on his nose so he can be undercover.

"Thank you for bringing me here Hen, it's a perfect date."

Henry responded with another kiss, a more passionate one. After he stopped the kiss, he stroked your cheek and told you: "Thank you for being with me, Y/N. Also, thank you for choosing this farm to buy your Christmas tree. "

You both laughed and went to explore the fair.

After eating multiples waffles and playing multiples games you were ready to go home. Henry had a different idea, there was the last thing he wanted to show you. He took your hand and pulled you into the carousel.

You quickly asked him: "Really? " He only nodded and bought the tickets for both of you.

You chose to sit on the horse in the carousel, Henry sitting behind you wrapping his arms protectively around your waist. Within a minute the carousel moved. You close your eyes knowing Henry won't let you fall. You finally felt completely free and let yourself process all emotions. The tears left your eyes. Henry let you process your feelings. He was whispering sweet words to your ear :

You are intelligent.

You are beautiful.

You are strong.

You are the best mum.

This night you finally fell asleep in peace, in Henry's arms.