YOU CAN TRUST ME.

Henry Cavill x Single Mother/Reader

Continuation of the story: O Christmas tree.

807 words.

It has been a few weeks since you have met Henry at the Tree Farm.

Henry was truly an amazing gentleman, caring who has a good connection with your 6-year-old son. He was very patient too, knowing you got divorced recently, he didn't want to scare you off. One day you wake up extremely happy and grateful. You couldn't believe how lucky you were to spend a wonderful evening with Henry and your little man. You thought these situations are happening only in fan fiction, not in the real life. Meeting Henry has made you believe, there is a brighter future for you, and you can feel truly happy again.

You looked up at your cell phone and saw the message.

Henry: Good morning beautiful, hopefully, I will see you soon :)

You smiled. This guy is too perfect. You finally got up and to see Nathan and get him ready for school.

Unfortunately, in the afternoon you have received a rude phone call from your ex, claiming he will not pay you the child support for the next few months. It is after Christmas so your wage will be delayed, leaving you in an uncomfortable financial situation. The only option would be to get the second job, cash to hand, while your son will be at your friend's house. You had too much pride and felt a little bit ashamed to ask anyone for a loan.

You have quickly texted Henry, letting him know you will be too busy to meet up this week. Not revealing Henry the true reason for your absence, you hoped that he will understand.

A few days later, you were extremely busy and tired trying to get extra money. It was a bad week for Henry too. His anxiety spiked up again. After your last message, he was afraid you were looking for an excuse to break the contact. Henry knew that both of you have a wonderful connection, he didn't want to lose you, especially after he nearly lost hope of finding his soulmate.

Henry was on the way to your house, he needed to see you, and ask you to go out with him again. Henry has arrived at your street, ready to knock on your doors when he saw the letter -notice of the late payment, lying on the ground. Henry picked the letter up, fighting with himself to not open it, knowing he can not violate your privacy. He didn't open it, but everything made sense now. - You weren't distant, you had a second job. Henry felt conflicting emotions. He was heartbroken that you are going through such a difficult time. He was also angry, assuming, your financial problems were caused by your ex-husband. Why didn't you say anything? Finally, Henry knocked at the doors.

"Henry?"

"Hi Y/N." Henry smiled, he was so happy to see your face. He could visibly see the tiredness on your face but it wasn't important anymore. His girl needed help and he is here to deliver.

"I am sorry I don't want to interrupt. I know you are busy. I want to check are you all right, and ask you ... will you want to see me again?" Henry asked shyly still afraid of the rejection.

"Of course, I would like to see you again Henry. This week was hectic, I really couldn't see you. Nathan is asleep. Would you like to come in and have some tea?"

"Yes, the tea would be perfect."

You both entered the house and were on the way to the kitchen when Henry had realized he is still holding the notice letter in his hand.

"Yyyy... Y/N , I have found this in front of your house."

You looked at his hands and noticed the letter with the big red sign. You thought your heart had stopped.

"Oh shit, Henry I....."

Cavill didn't let you finish the sentence. He took your hands and said :

"Let me take care of it, Let me take care of you, sweetheart."

"Henry I can't let you do that. My wage was delayed and child support... I have money now, I will make a payment tomorrow." You announced, clearly having difficulties speaking as you started getting emotional.

"Y/N, you are a strong and independent woman, an amazing mother. I know you can get money, you can achieve everything you desire. I know you can take care of Nathan. The thing is you don't need to do that alone. You deserve the best and you deserve to be taken care of. Let me be this lucky man. You are safe with me."

You looked at  Henry and have seen the warmth and the adoration in his eyes. The tears were running down your cheeks, but you smiled knowing this is the man you can trust.