13

After Qin Juran returned to her dorm that night, she washed up and began to pack her bags. She stuffed the clothes from the original owner that she disliked into the suitcase, as well as some other useless miscellaneous items.

Since S University wasn’t that far from A district to begin with, Qin Juran couldn’t think of any specialty gifts to bring back home – moreover, the original owner’s family ran a café anyway, so bringing snacks didn’t make much sense.

Not to mention, she hadn’t even met her “parents” yet, so she had no idea what they liked, and she didn’t want to hastily buy the wrong gift.

Qin Juran thought it over, finally deciding to place an online order for some 5 Years of College Entrance Exams, 3 Practice Examsworkbooks.

The bookstore was currently having a 50% off sale, so Qin Juran quickly added the books to cart, also throwing in two Daily Drills workbooks.

Seeing Qin Juran pack her bags, Huang Ying asked through her sheet mask: “Juran, where are you going?”

“Home.”

“You’re going back home?” Feng Jing immediately exclaimed, peeking her head out from her bedsheets.

“Well I’m not going to leave home,1 am I?”

“But wait – Fan Chuan is hosting a National Day party at his apartment. You’re not going?”

Qin Juran then remembered: a few days ago, one of Fan Chuan’s lapdogs had made an offhand remark about it to her, whom she had immediately blocked on WeChat afterward. She ignored Feng Jing’s question and made a gesture, as if to say: Why should I care?

Huang Ying removed her sheet mask, tossed on her slippers, and went to hover over Qin Juran. Seeing Qin Juran place a half-used bottle of eye cream on the corner of her desk, she quickly asked, “Juran, why are you putting your eye cream here?”

Qin Juran didn’t even bother looking up as she replied, “Allergies.”

“Oh? So you’re not using it anymore?”

“Mhm.”

“Then is it okay if I take it?”

Qin Juran raised her head, replying in a surprised tone: “Like I said, it gave me an allergic reaction. Our skin types are similar, so you might be allergic too!”

“Aiya, don’t worry, don’t worry, we’ll see about that.” After this, she mockingly put the eye cream in her own makeup bag.

Qin Juran watched her subtle and seemingly familiar movement curiously.

Without waiting for her reply, Huang Ying continued blabbering: “Juran, you know, tomorrow night’s dinner party performance is definitely going to be very luxurious. I’m not a main actress, but I can still attend the banquet after our performance. I can’t wait to find a handsome guy to sit next to.”

“Also, also – I asked a classmate from a different department to take pictures. I’ll send them to you once I get them!”

Qin Juran glanced at Huang Ying’s eager, animated expression, and suddenly paused her bag packing, lighting coughing: “Huang Ying, tomorrow’s performance is really important to you, huh?”