2

Qin Juran’s statement had the effect of a pause button on the entire class. Ruan Nan was frozen in place, her face flushing as her body was enveloped by a fresh floral scent. She felt as if Qin Juran could see right through her.

There was a plop as the professor standing in the doorway dropped her teaching materials on the ground.

Qin Juran’s lips twitched and she lazily twirled a curl of hair in her fingers. Ignoring Ruan Nan’s burning face, she glanced towards the doorway where a student was helping the teacher pick up her papers. Standing behind them was a male student with his bag slung over his shoulder.

His appearance was quite standard: his gold wire-rimmed glasses glared in the light and his hair was brushed in a mature, adult-like manner.

Qin Juran tactfully assessed him.

The author’s writing skills must be quite lacking, huh. Perhaps they tried too hard to emulate the feeling of a rich, powerful businessman that they forgot the context of the story. The male lead, who’s supposed to be a third year in college, looked more like an expressionless stone than a person. He was handsome enough, but he looked even older than the professor beside him!

The male lead…was supposed to look that old? Qin Juran knitted her brows, and before she could hide the look of disdain on her face, Fan Chuan’s eyes met hers.

Qin Juran casually strolled back to her seat while the class broke out of their shocked state. Some students began whispering to each other on the spot, others began tapping away on their cell phones. Ruan Nan’s minions, realizing that their leader had just been offended, rushed to comfort her.

Qin Juran’s phone also buzzed a few times. She pulled it out to see three new messages from Feng Jing:

【Qin Juran are you INSANE? 】

【How did you dare to speak to Ruan Nan like that? 】

【 And what do you mean by jealous? 】

Qin Juran shut off her phone without responding. In the original novel, Ruan Nan fought fair and honestly, but Feng Jing was different. She couldn’t compare to Qin Juran in terms of looks, nor to Ruan Nan in terms of family background, so she acted as a spy, trying to benefit from both sides.

It was Feng Jing who let the love letter end up in Ruan Nan’s hands in the first place.

Qin Juran tidied her notes and began to pay attention to class. In her past life, she had studied abroad since high school; although she was still a finance major, listening to the classes taught in Chinese was quite unfamiliar. Qin Juran straightened her posture and focused all of her energy. The original Qin Juran character was a top student, and since she already transmigrated here, no matter what happened down the line, she was determined to live well.

Finally came the end of class. Qin Juran checked her schedule to see that she had no afternoon classes. The classroom began to empty, and as they were leaving, Ruan Nan and Fan Chuan shared a meaningful glace, ignoring Qin Juran.

Feng Jing walked over, asking, “Are we eating at the cafeteria today?”

Qin Juran thought for a moment, then replied, “I’m going back to the dorm and ordering takeout, I need to organize my things.”

Feng Jing said that she would accompany her, and the two left the class. As soon as she stepped outside the building, Qin Juran was taken aback by the lavishness of the campus. Deep-green colored classical-styled architecture surrounded the premise; the campus seemed to extend for acres, it was nothing like the aristocracy of the universities abroad.