10

Due to the commotion with Ruan Nan, Qin Juran wasn’t able to remove that tattoo on her leg in the end. She glanced at the new one on her ankle, the dark color contrasting against her fair skin. The letters glistened boldly on her ankle, alluding to the word’s namesake.

As she arrived at her dorm, Huang Ying and Feng Jing surrounded her. Huang Ying looked at the tattoo on Qin Juran’s long legs and said sourly, “Wow, Juran. It actually looks pretty nice.”

Feng Jing followed Qin Juran, squinting to make out the letters. She frowned, saying, “Gypsophila? This word, this word…”

Feng Jing thought for a moment. There’s no way she’d know such a word with her limited vocabulary, but why does it sound so familiar?

Suddenly, she slapped her thighs. “Isn’t that Ruan Nan’s English name? I just saw it on the form for the dinner party performance!”

At the sound of Ruan Nan’s name, Huang Ying also perked up. “Juran, was this a coincidence?”

Qin Juran grabbed her bathing products and put on a pair of slippers. As she walked past Feng Jing, she flicked her hair and said, “What do you know – I somehow ran into Ruan Nan at the tattoo shop today.”

She gave Feng Jing a pointed look as she walked into the bathroom.

Huang Ying dramatically gasped and covered her mouth. “Jingjing, do you think Ruan Nan forced her to get that tattoo?”

Feng Jing snorted with satisfaction. “Qin Juran definitely wanted to get something related to Fan Chuan, but Ruan Nan must’ve forced her to tattoo her own name instead.”

“Wow, imprinting your own name on your rival…”

Wasn’t this plotline something straight out of the boss romance drama she was watching??!

—————

In a flash of an eye, it was Thursday. Although Qin Juran and Ruan Nan were in the same major, they hardly had any overlapping classes, and as third-years, they were only taking a few classes to begin with, so they only saw each other a few times in the past three days.

There was only one week until the National Day holiday. The performance was to be held on the night before the break, so Thursday afternoon was the final rehearsal.

When it hit 4 o’clock, Feng Jing and Huang Ying accompanied Qin Juran to the multi-purpose room. The two of them were playing minor roles of servant ladies, so they had no lines and only needed to pace around the stage.

Qin Juran had become pretty familiar with the script by then, although there were bound to be a few weak areas.

When they arrived at the auditorium door, Feng Jing and Huang Ying entered first while Qin Juran stayed outside to answer a phone call from the bus company. She confirmed her ticket for October 1st to A City, providing her contact and billing information.

She planned on sending the receipt screenshot to Qin Julai, but then remembered that he must be in class on a Thursday.

She opened a chat with “Dad,” hesitated for a good minute, then finally sent the screenshot over.

She received a response instantly: 【Ranran, I heard from Lailai the other day that you’re coming back! Don’t you worry, your Ma already prepared the menu – Papa will be waiting for you then at the bus station!】

Qin Juran felt a warmth in her heart. She sent a little bear emoticon and replied, 【Ok. I’m off to class now, Dad】

She thought for a moment, then added, 【Don’t push yourself too hard. 】