9.

"so you're telling me you don't know sunghoon? not even a slightest?" sunoo ask, jake shake his head.

he keep his lip tight, he swear he don't know how to lie, so, he hopes that sunoo and his other friends believe him.

"i don't wanna pressure you to tell me anything, but i think i know something" sunoo said, thinly smiles at jake- not like teasing one but a genuine one.

jake smiles back, quickly looking elsewhere. he swear, if sunoo asked again, he probably will just tell the truth.

jake still remember his promise with sunghoon before they both went to school, "deny everything" sunghoon had said, and that's what jake have done for the past hours.

he didn't know everyone in the school are very invested in sunghoon's story. jungwon once said that everything about sunghoon- rumors or gossips, will always be a hot topic.

"i think you guys should stop asking jake, he clearly uncomfortable with your questions... give him space" heeseung said, head peeking from the door, gaining everyone attention that has been gathering at jake's table.

jake smiles, mumbles a 'thank you' at heeseung before the latter walk away.

jake finally can take a breathe. he didn't know it will be this hectic- he at least imagine like only few of his classmates interested to know but then, in matter of seconds he get into school, all students- from different class and grades, look for him or some just to see 'how good looking he could be for sunghoon to be crying over him?'

he fished out his phone from his pocket, the teacher is absent today and so the substitute teacher just let them do whatever they want to do.

sunghoon
hey jake
u okay?
heard some of them bothering you
since they are afraid to come to me, they go to you instead

jake
it's fine now i guess
kinda overwhelm but
heeseung already told them to go off
and no worries
im all good

sunghoon
pillow fight later?
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

jake
what happened to your "we don't know each other EVEN at home" ?
we aren't supposed to be friends
but
okay (ง ͠° ͟ʖ #)ง

jake smiles, putting his phone aside. he didn't know that sunghoon is such a dork. he is like a kid even. and jake is truly scared of this.

sunghoon seems to always forgot their little rules. and jake has always reminded him about him but the latter didn't even care about it now.

it just a week he started to know sunghoon, and jake has always set that boundaries.

and he knows he can't broke it.

though he really appreciate sunghoon's kindness towards him, jake just couldn't let himself sway by it.