1.

sunghoon grunts as he walk towards the living room, noticing there's another boy around his age sitting right at the corner next to his dad's friend. he already knows what going to be happen.

he bow to his dad's friend slightly, eyes glued to the boy who smiles nervously at him, sunghoon ignore that.

"this is my son, sunghoon" his dad said, and sunghoon smiles thinly.

"woah, he's growing up well!!! the last time i saw him was when he is still baby" the man said, smiling brightly.

his dad laugh at that, "yeah- you used to teach me how to change their diapers"

"well, i became a dad before you"

sunghoon eyes naturally fall to the boy who seems to fidgeting on his sit, not knowing where to look at.

"oh hoonie, this is jake, he's the same age as you" his dad said, pointing to the boy who suddenly tense at the mentioned of his name.

jake? he didn't have any korean name?

"h-hi" the boy, jake, greet first

sunghoon reply back with a dry hi, want to cut the conversation short and the boy seem to understand that as he also keep silent.

"and hoon, he's going to be transferred to your school tomorrow, i hope you can assist him around" his dad said.

nice. what an additional burden to me.

"ah... sure" he said, yet he glares at the boy in annoyance.

"and most importantly, he's going to stay here with us until graduates!"

sunghoon's jaw dropped, eyes widely look around and there- he noticed a few luggage and boxes by the front door.

nice. just fucking nice.

"why?" sunghoon blurted,

"i will be going back to Australia next morning, and don't worry, if everything there's settle i will be back here and fetched him back" the man saying, probably noticing the glares from sunghoon.

sunghoon sigh, looking back at jake who still warily look at him.

"does that mean, me and jake will share my bedroom?"

"ah yes... that's why mom added few more pillows last night- if you noticed"

sunghoon don't know what to feel at this point. how come, it all took one day, one person, to ruin his perfect life like this?

"great- i'll be in my room then, to... tidy up a bit" sunghoon said, quickly walk towards his bedroom.

sunghoon plopped onto his comfy bed, head running full miles thinking what he should do about jake. there's no way he will allow the boy to sleep in the same bed as him.

not long after, a knock was heard from the door and sunghoon lazily hummed, signaling whoever it is to come inside.

there stood he is, the boy that will change sunghoon's cold life.

"i hope my son will treat you right, and be friends with each other! if he ever hurt you, tell me- okay?"

jake slightly nodded his head, mumbling a thanks to sunghoon's dad before walking inside the bedroom.

sunghoon stares right into his eyes, and jake knows, it will be bad. from the very start he already get a hunch that sunghoon would not like him. and he was right about that, the way he talk and look at him, tell it all.

"before you said anything, i will make this clear- im not letting you sleep on my bed with me... so," sunghoon then pointed to the cold floor.

and yes, jake saw it coming.

"ah no worries, i bring extra comforter, im not going to sleep next to you either- no worries" jake said, looking indifferent.

sunghoon raise his eyebrows, oh? he's the type to fight back, i see... interesting...

"okay, next, don't ever use or touch my stuff..."

jake nodded his head, "yea, back to you"

"never eat in here, it will smells- and make sure all dirty clothes are put inside the basket and right before you sleep, bring it to the laundry room- i hate when my bedroom smells"

jake nodded his head, looking at sunghoon as he waited for the latter to say more.

"and lastly, don't act like we are friends... even at home, i don't know you and you don't know me, clear?"

jake chuckles, "well, that's not hard, i don't wanna be friends with you either"

sunghoon scowls, who did he think he is? ignorant.

"good to know" sunghoon said,

jake ignores the glare as he continues tidying his space that sunghoon's mother has made for him, he even get a study table, though, it was right next to sunghoon, he aren't in a place to complaint.

both of them fell into silent right after showering, jake currently preparing the floor for him to sleep meanwhile sunghoon was texting his friends, excited to be back to school.

"wait, does this mean we are going to school together?" sunghoon realizes, eyes widen as he look at jake.

"i can go on my own," he simply said and sunghoon let out a relief breathe.

to be honest, sunghoon's image at school is a bit... difficult to describe. he's always known as the cold-and-mystery boy. throughout his life at school, he only has 4 friends and that's all. he hardly make friends with the others.

though, his other friends are all social butterfly, he is more to the introvert side. and everyone knows that it wasn't easy to be friend with sunghoon, let alone talk to him in daily basis.

sunghoon knows what will happen if he happens to walk with jake to school and suddenly became friend with the latter, sunghoon can't let his hard-to-approach image fell because of jake.

he got reputation to take care of.