13

sunghoon thought once his friends knew about him and jake, everything will turned to be just how it used to be.

well, he is very wrong for that.

he thought jake will spend more time with him (and the others) but no. jake still the same jake, except, he spend more of his time with heeseung.

even though theyre on the same table, at the same space, jake still ignores him. and it was tough for sunghoon, because he WILL NOT greet the latter first.

yes, he ego like that.

even at home, sunghoon thought he and jake will become at least, a lil bit closer than before but no.

jake goes to sleep first, he avoided sunghoon, they eat at different time, jake spend more time studying at heeseung's instead.

he can't help but to feel a bit jealous of it.

did he really going to ignore me?

sunghoon can't help but to questions that everyday.

"it was your fault that you said you don't want to be associated with him... and now that he do that, you're being an ass" sunoo said, half whispering at sunghoon.

sunghoon push the latter away, making an annoyed face before his eyes fall back to jake- who are now walking to the store with heeseung and jay.

"i don't care" sunghoon said, almost defeated.

sunoo laugh, mocking sunghoon, "really? you don't?"

he decides to ignore his friend.

"you know what sunghoon, i think you need time to recollect yourself- and think"

sunghoon head snapped at that, confused, "think of what? why would i?"

"youre being obvious that you actually has a tiny bit crush on jake... either jake really dense to not noticed it or he definitely didn't feel the same as you"

sunghoon want to fight that but he can't help but to feel his heart wrenching when he thought of jake avoiding him bcs of his feelings

"that's stupid" sunghoon said quietly,

"yeah, you're"

he glares at the latter as sunoo walk back to jungwon and ni-ki. his eyes caught jake again,

jake looks so happy.

sunghoon has never seen jake smiles that wide after their little ice skating hangout. and sunghoon somehow want to see jake smiles like that to him and him only.

he crooked a smiles as he caught heeseung's eyes on him,

"hoon, they don't have you favorite drink so i got you this soda instead" heeseung said, handing him a bottle of soda.

"thanks," sunghoon replied, noticing that jake was being shifty next to heeseung.

sunghoon sigh.

jake probably feels uncomfortable with me being here.

for whatever reason it is,

jake is uncomfortable of me.

"dude, i go home first, okay? see you guys tomorrow" sunghoon said, avoiding jake gazes on him.

"awh- we have planned to eat jjajang tonight at your favorite stall? why so sudden?" jay said, trying to stop sunghoon from going.

"yeah hyung, if you aren't there it won't be the same" ni-ki interrupted in the middle

the others boys started to whine asking him to stay.

sunghoon stand up as he finished packing his bag, taking a look one last time at his pleading friends, he gave them a small smile

"im sorry, but i really need to go"

"hey, what's wrong? is something bothering you?" heeseung asked, concerned.

sunghoon sigh, finally having the courage to look at jake- who still look fidgety.

"nothing is wrong, heeseungie... im just tired"

he smiles, taking a deep breathe before he look again at jake, who avoid his eyes.

"jake, get home safe"

jake was startle by that, but he nodded his head nonetheless.

"and heeseung, bring him to my home... safe and sound, okay buddy?"

heeseung's eyebrows furrowed, confused by the sudden change of tone in sunghoon's voice.

"o-okay? no worry, i'll make sure he get home safely"

sunghoon immediately walk away as heeseung responded, ignoring the confused questions coming from his friends.

--

sunghoon curled himself on his bed. suddenly feelings every kind of emotions running through his body.

he feel restless.

sunghoon has always feels like this whenever he got an ice skating competition the next day.

it was nervousness, excitement and worries all at once.

but now he feel something else.

he feels empty.

it kind of like, he can feel himself drowning into something that he didn't know what- he can feels the burden but he can't pinpoint what was it exactly.

his eyes drawn into the folded comforter next to his bed.

sunghoon sigh.

he knows it was connected to jake but he didn't know what exactly it was.

sunghoon
jake,
we need to talk

jake
something important?

sunghoon
can be

jake
i'll see you later,